Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm Dan.

I'm considering buying a 1994 Suzuki GS500E, is $1400 good?

Here's the back story:
I got my endorsement a few weeks ago, and i'm looking at a 1994 Suzuki GS500E in decent shape with 22k miles. The seller wants $1400 firm for it, but my research (kelly's blue book, nada, and totalmotorcycle's used guide) leads me to believe these bikes are worth only $1000 or so for a 94. The bike will need a new chain soon, and the tires are old (2001) but didn't show any glaring cracks (I suspect i'd replace them). It has a some flaking paint and a dent on the tank, and some minor surface rust in a few spots on the frame

I've read these are great beginner bikes that will grow with your skills, and it felt comfortable in the parking lot during a short test drive. Is it worth it? It feels like $1400 for the bike is too high. Or is this a normal price?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hey Dan,

I bought an 89 GS500 for $1000 for my first bike. It had 22k miles, and a few problems nothing too major, just a little oil leak and some other small stuff. I think 1400 is reasonable if its mechanically sound.

Tell the seller about your research finds and point out the dent and the fact that its a 15 year old bike. But I loved my GS500 it was a perfect starting bike. Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts