Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
If doing a cafe racer, Id love to do something with the Moto Guzzi California 1400, I'd love to emphasise those cylinders coming out the side of the bike. Google moto guzzi california cafe racer images

·
Vintage Rider
428 Posts
Best bikes for cafe builds are the ones that have been irreversibly damaged (can't be returned to original) by previous attempts. Just don't use a bike from the '60's or early '70's that are original survivors to practice your idea of art. This still leaves you plenty of examples to play with and won't cause you to lose all the money you spent at Dime City for parts.

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
Agree with Rizingson. The best bikes for cafe builds are modern bikes that aren't that special or vintage ones that are basket cases. That said, you can do a "mild" cafe racer build (a build that only changes bolt on parts) to a survivor and in some ways you'll be helping preserve it by storing the original parts away from the wears and tears of daily riding.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Ya, last cafe I built was from a bike that didn't have any other options. That said though, I think that your imagination is more a limiting factor than the type of bike available. I really like the oddball unique ones.

Edit: No wait, the last cafe I built was from a friend's perfectly good BMW K75.. it's what he wanted.. :/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts