Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a couple of months ago I picked a 2010 Buell Blast with <1000 miles on it, the local H-D dealer was offloading their trainer bikes. I knew when I got it that there might be some things to fix, and I've already replaced a couple of small things and done a lot of basic maintenance.

However there's a couple weird things I could use some help troubleshooting before I get it to the shop:

First, when I let out of the clutch and accelerate away in first gear the bike makes a sound as if I'm peeling out (but I am definitely not peeling out).

Second, recently when I start the bike and until it is really warm, if I let the clutch out (even in neutral) without a corresponding increase in throttle it will die after a couple of seconds.

Third, it can be a real pain in the butt to get it down into first when I come to a stop.

All of these things are seeming to me as if the bike's clutch is in need of some work. I'm really not sure if I can do this work myself, because I don't have a garage to work on things in (just the outside world). Does this sound like clutch to you guys?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Yes, the clutch adjustment. You may also want to check the transmission oil - it is separate from the engine oil, right?
Correct, transmission and clutch have their own oil.

Here is a link to maintenance procedures.

http://www.craigerson.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/buell-blast-chapter-1-maintenance.pdf

Since that bike was a training bike in a former life, I am not surprised that the trans and clutch need work. Training bike transmissions and clutches get BEAT on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts