Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys get much call in the US of A for Buell ?

Ive always fancied one - but over here people turn theoir nose up at them. I cant see why - they are pretty awesome (I know the early ones had issues) and they are still different

·
6,503 Posts
Buell's were really an advanced bike for their times and obviously well thought out in form and function, unfortunately, they were marketed at Harley Dealer's and HD only concentrated on non-Buell promotion and sales.

I am/ was a fan of theirs and had a new 2010 Buell 1125R, the one with a non-HD engine, and very fast and a competent supersport bike. This bike is the basis for their current offerings. (don't apply unless you have lots of fast bike experience!)

The Sportster based bikes were/ are very easy to maintain, with a super and proven engine in them, where parts are available everywhere and they have hydraulic lifters so no pimple faced, pre-delivery HS kid is adjusting the valves like on other makes!!!!

Buell should bring back the Sportster based bikes at a good price point for the masses!

Ride one sometime!

Sam:)

·
Registered
503 Posts
I was interested in the Buell when they first came out but really didn't like a V-twin sport bike. I opted for the Street Triple because it got so many great reviews. I'm so glade I did get one. It hasn't disappointed me at all.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I had a Buell Blast, and it certainly was a blast to ride........for about a half hr at a time, that seat was awful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts