Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a spirit 1100 with the buck horn OEM handlebars. I have to reach with my arms fully extended when I ride. My question is if I order a set of 4 inch risers with a 1.5 inch set back, (this will give me 2 inch taller bars + another 1/2 inch more setback), will this help my ride. I can change out theses with the OEM without changing my cables. If there is any other way to sove this I am open. No I can't grow longer arms. :)

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,858 Posts
Might be better off with a New set of Handlebars that truly fit your ergonomics .. Your back will thank you for it .. The only Handlebars was totally happy with OEM was my HD Heritage .. Fit me like they were custom made for me ..

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Have you tried rotating your existing handlebars to a better position? Our Yamaha Virago has buckhorn bars too, and I was getting cramped wrists until I rotated the bars downward a bit. Now the bars feel great! And it's a free mod too :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you tried rotating your existing handlebars to a better position? Our Yamaha Virago has buckhorn bars too, and I was getting cramped wrists until I rotated the bars downward a bit. Now the bars feel great! And it's a free mod too :)
No I haven't thank you I will do this.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
http://www.roxspeedfx.com/category/street-pivoting-risers.htm

These bolt into your stock risers. The 3 inch are actually 2.75 inch, and will work on a 09 C50, and thats about as far as the throttle cables will go.

They are straight, but they pivot to any direction you want them to go.

As it seems with all the manufacturers sites, you can find them cheaper online somewhere else. I got mine for $130 shipped.

go back to the home page, click on "will these fit my bike" then click on the "click here" and it lists several bikes, in the top banner there is a phone number to call if your bike is not listed.

The 2 inch is probably 1.75.

Almost forgot, this is such a great idea Harley has copied them for 2015.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts