Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Having seen what kind of crap gets traded in at dealers, I'll assume the bike has way more serious problems then what he's listing.

:)

I might still go give it a look if I was interested in a project bike though.

·
Subversive
416 Posts
Wow, the last honest guy in the USA... Hilarious... Poor guy will never get married, by the time he's halfway though the disclaimer she'll be history....

Having seen what kind of crap gets traded in at dealers, I'll assume the bike has way more serious problems then what he's listing.
What a cynic... lol

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,903 Posts
If needed a Parts Bike Real bad might consider it .. Otherwise Pass .. When sold a CV Carb which is not Rocket Science, still advised any potential buyers in the ad to have some working knowledge of the CV or have it rebuilt by one that does ..

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Wow, the last honest guy in the USA...
Unless I mis-read the posting, he's from the Uk, is he not?

I was so impressed with his honesty, I wrote him. Here's what i said:

"Sir,
I commend you for your honest and fair assessment of the bike you are trying to sell. It's refreshing these days, to read someone's "true" evaluation of an item that is posted for sale.
Although I am currently not in the buyers market for anything particular at the moment.......if it was YOU selling it, (whatever it was), I would likely buy from you, because I would know I was getting a truthful representation of what it was you were selling, and not (what we call it here in the States) a "snow job."
Regards,
Steve C.
Wallingford, Ct, USA"

-Soupy

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Unless I mis-read the posting, he's from the Uk, is he not?

I was so impressed with his honesty, I wrote him. Here's what i said:

"Sir,
I commend you for your honest and fair assessment of the bike you are trying to sell. It's refreshing these days, to read someone's "true" evaluation of an item that is posted for sale.
Although I am currently not in the buyers market for anything particular at the moment.......if it was YOU selling it, (whatever it was), I would likely buy from you, because I would know I was getting a truthful representation of what it was you were selling, and not (what we call it here in the States) a "snow job."
Regards,
Steve C.
Wallingford, Ct, USA"

-Soupy
He's in Bellingham, WA. You could probably bribe Crusty to sail over and check out the bike for you. :biggrin:

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Awe crap! Blew it again............Washington State, USA.

Ah well............nothin's ever goin right in this noggin of mine lately............must be the air!!

Still, a very honest and straight-forward ad, (imho). Don't want the bike, but ..........if I DID.........at least I'd have a pretty fair idea of what I was getting in to!!

-Soupy

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You have reached an important place in life, Soupy...that place where, in order to remember something, you have to forget something else ;)

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Guess I'd better install a larger hard drive, eh?! Or attempt to dump all the "stuff" I DON'T need anymore.......

Let's see.........

What could I dump?..........

-How to tie my shoes in a double knot
-How to change an exhaust on a 1975 Malibu
-How to keep up with the digger, when picking potatoes
-How long it takes to get from Caribou to PEI
-How to get to my Home Room in my old High School
-Where to find Craftsman tools
-What the ASCII Key strokes are for the "True Position" symbol
-Choosing the best incandescent light bulb
-When to look for fireflies and how to catch them
-Where to go to enlist in the Army

-Soupy

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Guess I'd better install a larger hard drive, eh?! Or attempt to dump all the "stuff" I DON'T need anymore.......

Let's see.........

What could I dump?..........

-How to tie my shoes in a double knot
-How to change an exhaust on a 1975 Malibu
-How to keep up with the digger, when picking potatoes
-How long it takes to get from Caribou to PEI
-How to get to my Home Room in my old High School
-Where to find Craftsman tools
-What the ASCII Key strokes are for the "True Position" symbol
-Choosing the best incandescent light bulb
-When to look for fireflies and how to catch them
-Where to go to enlist in the Army

-Soupy
Some of those are kinda cool though! Like the '75 Malibu exhaust? I would share that with someone and then forget it, so they can help you when you want to know it again ;)

·
Registered
427 Posts
All that honesty starts to fall apart when he states that something he bought for $500 which needs that much work somehow appreciated to his $600 asking price.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts