Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Roamer
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Founded in 2013, Brother Moto is a community space in East Atlanta fostered by Bobby Russell and Jared Erickson. Their goal, as they put it, is to provide a location and resources for the “motocurious” to get their hands dirty. They provide the workspace, motorcycle lifts, and tools while it is up to you to provide the bike and the desire to make it better. It’s a place to go to ask questions, talk with other motorcyclists, and if all else fails, consult with the professional mechanic on hand to brainstorm and troubleshoot problems. There is also an espresso bar to fuel late-night projects.
Unfortunately, Atlanta's Zoning Department has classified Brother Moto as a “repair shop.” The issue, then, is that zoning regulations allow only two repair shops in the area of East Atlanta where Brother Moto is located.
Full story: http://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/brother-moto-an-innovative-motorcycle-co-op-under-attack

Such a cool idea! I would love to have a place like that to go to.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
I wonder how much in campaign donations the two other shops in the area have to pay to make sure there will never be any competition.

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
Harley-Davidson Street 750's Brakes Completely Fail In Magazine Test

Is there a problem that Harley has yet to see? I would think a magazine doing testing would be a concern so I post this as information about a potential problem for those that have purchased one of the new Streets. Better safe than sorry.

The Harley-Davidson Street 750, a bike created to bring new riders into HD’s aging ownership group, just failed a very basic braking test conducted by a major riding magazine. The magnitude of this braking failure could call into question the safety of every Street 750 on the road.

This news comes to us Germany’s Motorrad, Europe’s largest, most well-regarded and well-informed motorcycle magazine. The were trying to compare the Street 750 with the Kawasaki Vulcan S and Honda CTX 700 for their entry level cruiser comparison test when it came time to do a 100-0 km/h (60-0 mph) test to evaluate the brakes.

http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/harley-davidson-street-750s-brakes-completely-fail-in-m-1729350316

·
Registered
43 Posts
Happening in a lot of places, here in San Francisco a new hospital is being built and the city wants repair shops out, good friends of ours had a shop for 12 years, the day the fire marshal came by for the yearly he said every thing passes but he would not sign off, end of shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts