Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Donate in the link below here to let a broke kid live his dreams riding but is so busy with school. Every little bit counts!! Thanks!

gofundme.com/BrokeKidWantsToRide

·
2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1700
4,671 Posts
Or, you know, you could do like the rest of us have done: suck it up, work harder, and buy your own motorcycle with your own money.

·
American Legion Rider
23,610 Posts
^^^^ +1 I take it mommy and daddy won't give what you want for a change.

Reactions: Mr.Oilhead

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
We're hiring.

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
I predict the next thing from this entitled little piece of turd will be "Help me pay for the insurance on the crotch rocket I thought would be cheaper transportation".
Who's paying for his college? Because anyone this stupid surely didn't get a scholarship.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,359 Posts
That might be a new record, banned on his first post.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Hopefully he has a safe space to go to...

Reactions: primalmu

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
This is what happens when childhood idealism meets cold, hard reality. If you want cool stuff, it's not really fair to expect others to work for it.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Unfortunately, somewhere along the line we instilled an I AM ENTITLED attitude into this generation. They think that they deserve whatever they want and don't have to work to get it. It doesn't stop with THINGS either. When these yahoos get out of college and get a job they want to start at the top, making top dollar, with top benefits. Lets not overlook the fact that they also not only know best, but demand, that "We're going to do things my way now that I'm here, because I know better how to do things than you people who have been running the show for the past 30 years!" They all need a good dose of reality!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1700
4,671 Posts
Just to be clear, though, not all of us "millennials" are entitled little turds. ;)

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
My millennial certainly is not. Started her Roth IRA while earning her Bachelor's, Got a scholarship/work program for her Masters, Worked three years, and is now going full ride for a higher degree.

A few bumps in the road this year, but she seems to be digging herself out of the mud.

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
My millennial certainly is not. Started her Roth IRA while earning her Bachelor's, Got a scholarship/work program for her Masters, Worked three years, and is now going full ride for a higher degree.

A few bumps in the road this year, but she seems to be digging herself out of the mud.
It's no wonder. Look at the positive role model she had.;)

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
I myself am just a hair too old to be a millenial - sort of squished between the two generations. Our company however employs millenials and they are a mixed bag. It's certainly true that they're not ALL that way, but we do have at least one guy who is the stereotypical character. (And one millenial who is one of the hardest working people I know..)

You have to remember, they are that way because they were brought up that way. You have to recognize this and their tendencies and work with them - almost like you have to be a coach to bring them to where they are productive problem solvers.

:steps off soapbox:

Reactions: primalmu
1 - 16 of 16 Posts