Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just imagine reliving a portion of your youth riding this ICON of motorcycling from the past but with modern components!

My last Honda Trail 90 was absolutely indestructible and kept as a backup bike for all to enjoy when groups of us camped in the mountains and deserts of Southern California. Our high tech and powerful race bikes for competition could, should and would give us trouble which is the nature of the sport but no one could hurt the little Trail 90!

I don't really know if I could resist buying this new CT125 as I know it would put a huge smile on my face every time I would ride it:)

Sam

https://newsletter.advrider.com/cam...v534/0d1ddebe787139ef6f5498245b3fbb3a054cc1d3

·
Premium Member
10,051 Posts
I rode a trials course on a CT90. Sold lots of them too. The trials ride was part of a sales gig. Brilliant bike.
Still need to buy parts for my pushrod trail 90. Using this as a source for the best engine thread. The best engine would be a 90 to 125 cc single OHC.
Problems manifest ( get worsa for the grammatically challenged ) as engines get bigger. Except slow reving engines in ships, which are more efficient at extracting energy from fuel.

UK

·
American Legion Rider
26,368 Posts
I think I'll be having trouble not buying one myself. But I have plenty of time to talk myself out of it too. I just always wanted one of the little things and it would be fun to run around my little ranch with.

Reactions: Porky

·
On The Road Again!
4,341 Posts
A big part of it's appeal to me is the 125 engine.
My 90cc version is just a bit too slow. On Jersey
roads, I feel like I'm gonna get my ass run over
some times. The FASTEST I've ever been able to
get it up to is 53 mph, which is just about what the
owner's manual says it should do. That's on level
ground, screaming. Add a slight up hill and the speed
quickly drops into the 30s, if not lower.
The new 125 should at least be able to keep up
with traffic a bit better.

Reactions: Porky

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well... went to my local Honda dealer and inquired about the CT125. They said it looks like late September is 2020 is what is going through the rumor mill. He wasn’t sure if it was going to be a limited run or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts