Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first bike today. it's a 1979 suzuki gs550 I am so excited it needs a little bit of work but it's shouldn't be a problem I have lots of bike people around when I need help. I currently don't have any pics but i will tomorrow after i clean it up.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Congrats! You'll remember the day like the first time you ..... well never mind, I got my first bike in 1994, traded a Kramer Stryker guitar for it. :71baldboy:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Make sure to grab a shop manual if you don't already have one. I mean a PRINTED one.. On-line .pdf soft copy manuals are great for searching stuff, but nothing beats an open printed manual in front of you when you're actually working on the bike

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Make sure to grab a shop manual if you don't already have one. I mean a PRINTED one.. On-line .pdf soft copy manuals are great for searching stuff, but nothing beats an open printed manual in front of you when you're actually working on the bike
ordered one yesterday.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ive been getting alot of old bikes lately. Try seafoam in your oil while you warm up the bike before your oil change. you wont believe the **** that comes out!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ive been getting alot of old bikes lately. Try seafoam in your oil while you warm up the bike before your oil change. you wont believe the **** that comes out!
Make sure your first start is way outside your garage... it will smoke like mad.

Now with cars it is not recommended on high mileage engines, but with bikes is it really okay?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts