Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
FTW ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone here ever ride one?

If you never heard of them.. They are big bikes with small block V8 engines. 545 HP 445 TQ. These bikes are huge. Radiator looks out of place, but a needed thing. They are made with different types of engines. Some 376 ci (6200 cc).

http://www.bosshoss.com/view_bike.asp?x=BHC3LS3

There is youtube videos you can search for as well.

·
FTW ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Came across a video of a Ninja R12 beating one of these V8 machines. There is just so much TQ that the rear wheel can burn out easily if you don't know how to control throttle properly. Makes me want to think how many rear tires you go through in a year.

·
FTW ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wonder if you could do that "darkside" mod and put a car tire on it.
They have a huge fat tire on the rear, so I would venture to think a car tire would fit as it is a muscle drag racing bike. That machine burns out when you hit the throttle at any speed, kinda dangerous as it has intense TQ.

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,226 Posts
The ONLY purpose I could see for something like this is a drag bike. I would LOVE to build something like this to run up at Limestone in the standing mile.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Followed one on a charity ride about 18 months ago, went and talked to the guy when we parked up. It had a 300 mm rear tyre, that's 12". He said he was going to fit a car tyre to it next tyre change.

I think there's an inverse proportion relationship between the Boss Hoss and the size of the rider's reproductive equipment.

·
Honk if you've never seen a gun fired from a bike
822 Posts
I almost took an 01 on a trade a few years back. Neat bikes but scary powerful. They're great as conversation starters, but not a whole lot else.

·
Registered
13 Posts
First boss hoss had a clutch. Second one had a torque converter with no clutch. Two different kind of transmissions to get used to.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I checked out their display last year in Sturgis. They had some really nice bikes and trikes. I believe their bikes started around $50,0000 new.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bought my first boss hoss (1996 bike) for $12,000. The second one (1998 bike) was only $6,500. that bike needed a little work, but in real good shape otherwise. You can find some cheap deals on these bikes if you look around and willing to travel a way to get them. Only drawback on these motorcycles is you have to do all the work yourself on them unless you live close to a boss hoss dealer.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Wow Toonyman OK so describe as best you can what it is like to drive one. What do you mean it handles great at low speed? How much does the bike weigh?

How big do YOU have to be in order to keep a beast like that under control?? I saw one at a bike show, I couldn't "test sit" on it & didn't get a chance to even see it running let alone moving

1 - 20 of 39 Posts