Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since many riding boots don't come with a rubber pad on the left gear shift boot (which I've never liked the look of anyway), I started looking around for something that would protect the leather on the side and top of my gear shift boots. After looking around a bit, I ran across these rubber gear shift boot protectors that I recently installed on both bikes. They're suppose to keep the shifter from scuffing up your boots. I thought they were a good idea and a pretty cheap fix at under five bucks. Since its been raining for two days here, I've only had limited ride time with them on. I'll post an update about how well (or not) they work after I get some more ride time. So far on the Guzzi, it works fine.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,515 Posts
Zeb, I have always looked at that as a mark of pride, an identifier. You sir are a biker, not to be confused with a wuss.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zeb, I have always looked at that as a mark of pride, an identifier.
Nah, not me, I still have a couple of pair of old boots that are still usable that wears that mark, just about all my boots have had it. I'm looking to eliminate that mark and preserve the good looks of my new leather boots.

·
Premium Member
9,867 Posts
I need to correct an earlier post of mine. One I am sure we have all forgotten. In it I said none of my boots had steel toe caps. I was wrong. My main pair does have steal toe caps. The leather is also quite thick. With these boots the shifter does not make a dent. But I like the extra thick piece or your shifter. I do not care if spell check does not like shifter.

UK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts