Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,843 Posts
WOW!!!!! Look at that exhaust,:)

I can't wait to see it in person and read some testing on it.

Even the latest R1200/ 1250's are very powerful so this thing will probably be a blast unless they just detune it for torque only.

I've had 5 Beemer's in the past, four 'R' series and one 'K' series and I love the bikes!

Trouble is, the nearest BMW dealer @ 60 miles away just closed about 6 months ago and now the nearest one is 150 miles away! Even today, there are a few States with NO BMW motorcycle dealers, which is unacceptable to me especially for extended touring.

Sam:eek:

·
Nightfly
4,623 Posts
At over 750 pounds it is a heavy weight cruiser for sure. To me the bike just looks overly heavy, especially in the front half of the bike..Again, personal opinion here but that big hunk of metal that is the engine just doesn't have an attractive quality about it. I never liked the 2 cylinders hanging off the side of the engine case but I'm sure there are some that do. Trying to get in on the cruiser market is understandable but this just looks heavy, cumbersome and unwieldy to me.

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
4,131 Posts
The OP sounds more like an advertisement than a new thread on this forum. I don't have much interest, in part because I have been the route of heavyweight cruisers and it no longer is my preference. And BMW's no longer have the reputation of reliability that they once had. When considering the scarcity of dealerships, combined with the expectation that a brand new model and style of bike for this manufacturer is likely to have some problems, I wouldn't give this bike much or any consideration. And I agree that the opposed twin engine design looks awkward, and looks like it would roast your calves while riding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.