Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have a BMW R1200C 2001. I been having a problem with the front break. When I squeeze the break handle, goes almost al the way to the end and when i do it again right away go less and less like Im pumping I guess. Should I change the pump maybe? or just the master cylinder piston? I bleed the break already (maybe I did it wrong???). Please help.

·
Premium Member
5,919 Posts
It sounds to me that you still have air trapped; the most likely place is the banjo fitting at the master cylinder. I find the easiest way to clear it is to turn the bars or move the MC so that the fitting is somewhat lower. Then, very slowly squeeze the lever until it stops, hold several seconds, then let it snap back. This will pull some of the air into the MC with the returning fluid. Work the lever in and out a bit to clear the the air out of the cylinder, then start again. It may take several cycles, but should get most of the air out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.