Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I think the previous owner sawed off my air intake tube. I was pretty surprised to find the tube that connects the front of the fairing to the engine intake was missing. What are the repercussions of this piece being missing?

·
So long
2,739 Posts
Unlike the K1200S which has two ram air tubes, the K1200R was designed to have only one ram air tube. It's on the right side. The ram air tube improves performance and fuel economy at highway speeds or faster.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, I replaced it anyway just to have a full bike. Also since you have a k1200R, do you have any idea what could cause a finicky kick stand switch? Sometimes it doesn't let me bike start until I cycle the stand a few times.

·
So long
2,739 Posts
The cause is normal wear and tear over thousands of times kicking it down then lifting it up. I'd replace it, but some guys would bypass it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
One last question, do you have any idea what this sensor is that is hanging down in my fairing? And also where it would go? I found it just hanging loose clanging against the steering stem.

Attachments

·
So long
2,739 Posts
That's your ambient temperature sensor. My bike has a mini fairing. The temp sensor attaches inside the fairing to a clip behind the left front signal lamp. Your bike is a K1200R, so you may not have the same fairing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts