Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey my name is Trach. I live in New Orleans. I have come to MF in hopes to gain some information about a BMW I discovered in the back of my warehouse. The hand tapped ID plate on the gooseneck behind the headlight casing is a 7 digit number and doesn't seem to correlate with any of the VIN searches I have tried. What might this number be? Where else on the BMW should I search for more indications of this cycles identity? As I am new to forums in general, I hope I haven't offended any other posters by straying for the subject or posting on the wrong thread etc. Thanks

Attachments

·
Member Map
23,909 Posts
The 7-digit serial number would make it an older model, sometime before 1980 or so.

If you have a picture of the motorcycle, maybe someone can help ID it. If you PM a link to a picture I'll add it to your post.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=154755421337283&set=a.1190162382445 35.34924.10

Try clicking the title info to see image of BMW I don't know else to get image out there without repetitive posts to reach my "15":eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does the photo advise you as to aprox year and model? Can you recommend a site where I can run the VIN for older model BMWs?

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
It looks like a mid to late 70's BMW, but I'm no Beemer expert. Try calling John Landstrom at Blue Moon Cycles and see if he can guide you. 770-447-6945 is the last number I had for them.

If he doesn't want to help let me know and I'll see if I can find the contacts for another old Beemer wrench I used to know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
KM Thanks this site was KEY
I was able to retrieve this info . Miles ahead now...like passing A time zone headed WEST

THE SITE REVEALED:
Series 2476
Model R75/5
Body type ohne
Catalog model ECE
Production date 1973 / 06
Engine
Transmission
Steering
Catalyzer NONE

1 - 14 of 14 Posts