Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

The BMW F900R seems to come pretty well equipped. There are a number of optional packages that can be added. Looking for opinions as to whether folks think it’s worth it?

·
Registered
97 CBR900RR, 98 GL1500C, 98 VFR800, 05 VTX1800
381 Posts
I would recommend picking one of those available colors.

What do you plan on doing? Lots of highway riding could make use of cruise control. Travel could use the racks.

I think it's funny that it comes with an extra high seat option. I think I'd get that

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mostly 2 lane highway driving. I live in the country. I could see the heated grips being useful...but all those ride modes etc? Went to the dealer today and they had one in that they called fully loaded. Added $2000 to the price.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm in the country too, I have a throttle lock on my vfr and thinking about adding it to the CBR. I'd get cruise if it was my bike. The centerstand is nice for maintenance too but it's a bunch of weight. If you commute, luggage may be nice to have. I'd probably opt for the touring package.
I could easily see options getting that pricey. Just remember you're not getting the value back when you sell the bike with those. If they have more value in add-ons than they're selling it for, may be worth the extra scratch. How do you ride, what do you like?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I can see how the touring package would make sense. Need the weather to warm up so I can demo and see if I like it!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Need the weather to warm up so I can demo and see if I like it!
You live in Canada, it never warms up. Just get the right gear. Olympia makes a textile jacket called the alpha (might be Bradley in Canada) and it's got an over/under waterproof liner with a thermal liner. You can out the waterproof liner outside the jacket to turn the whole thing into a cold weather jacket. Take it all off and it's good for the week of summer in Canada.
I've never used it but they sent me one to raise money for my ride and it seems really nice. Ce-1 armor included even on the back

1 - 7 of 7 Posts