Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've been riding a Honda Nighthawk 250 for about a little over a year and i've been yearning for a little more power and a little more refinement. Also ABS and anything else to make the bike safer would be nice.

I've narrowed my search down to two bikes: the BMW F800R or the Triumph Bonneville T100. I live in nyc and 70% of my riding will be on streets and 30% on highways. Ultimately I want a bike that is safe and easy/inexpensive to maintain. Which seems the better bike for me? Both look great, and to me it really seems a choice between sleek/modern vs. classic/retro. However, I was wondering if one of them was a better fit for me given my height (5'11"), riding (mostly city streets, some highway), and preferences (safety & ease of maintenance). If I could get any input that would be great.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The Bonnie hands down.

Ive owned both, and got rid of the Beemer for the Bonnie.

For fit & ride comfort, I took my Boonie with 800 miles on it to SLC and back, a two day trip both ways, and If was confy as a Brit bike can be.

The Beemer left me feeling boxed in, and not a lot of power for hauling my big ass around

1 - 2 of 2 Posts