Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2015 BMW K1600GTL & 2008 Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of buying a 2015 K1600GTL from a private party and the bike is at the dealer for a little warranty work. We meet at the dealership this morning when they opened so he can pick up his bike as the work is complete and I wanted to get the VIN etc. We were told by the lot kid that he was told that the dealership staff is in a meeting for another 45 minutes and to come back later! Seriously, a client has to sit around when you're open for business because you have a staff meeting!?! No one would come out and give this guy his bike. What a horrible experience. This isn't my first go around with the dealership either.... my brother has had two R1200 RTs, neither bought there because they're so hard to deal with. I'm really questioning my purchase because of this dealer. They're the only store in Las Vegas, they could care less if you buy from them or not, they charge about 33% more for service compared to the Southern California dealers....if I wasn't getting such a good deal on this bike I'd probably back out.

In case your interested, it's a loaded up '15 1600 GTL with only 1,290 miles, still under warranty until October for $14,900.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

· Tarheel
2018 Triumph Street Triple 765R
2,764 Posts
Bummer. If they treat their customers badly, they probably do the same with their employees. Maybe you can find an ex-employee who got fed up and set up his own shop.

· Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bummer. If they treat their customers badly, they probably do the same with their employees. Maybe you can find an ex-employee who got fed up and set up his own shop.
I'll start asking around. Shamefully this is a new owner that started out okay but has taken a poor turn.

They also own the Triumph dealer and I really want to add a T120 to my garage but probably won't now.

· Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
16,684 Posts
The one and only BMW dealer around here bends over backwards to help his customers. He isn't cheap but good customer service.

Reactions: vistavette

· Ace Tuner
4,927 Posts
That's what I did so I could do honest, quality, friendly service along with selling parts and accessories... Open my own place.

I'm semi-retired now but my backlog was about three months long year round with people on a waiting list just to get their bike in line, in the shop.

I am absolutely amazed at dealerships and independent shops that can not understand how far just being friendly can take a business.

· Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The one and only BMW dealer around here bends over backwards to help his customers. He isn't cheap but good customer service.
I'm not looking for cheap. I'm looking for good and fair.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.