Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great condition, well maintained bike with 64K miles.

I have owned this bike for about 30K miles (about 7 years) and have gone through this machine thoroughly. I’ll do my best to describe it but feel free to contact me if you have any specific questions.

Engine Mechanical – Heads redone by Ted Porter at 58K miles, At this same time I also did the following; new piston rings, pushrod seals, cylinder base gaskets, head gaskets, cylinder stud o-rings, timing chain, tensioner, tensioner spring, crank sprocket, timing cover gasket, crank shaft seal, rear main seal, oil pump seal.

Engine Electrical – Alpha ignition and omega diode board from Motorrad Electrik, new alternator brushes at 58K, solid diode board mounts.

Clutch and transmission – Installed used shift kit obtained from forum member (NLA from BMW) to eliminate false neutrals and re-shimmed bearings at that time. New inlet and outlet shaft seals. New clutch disk at 58K.

Suspension – Lowered the bike about ½ inch or so by installing a Toaster Tan top triple clamp that allows the fork legs to slide through. Installed new Ikon shocks that are for an R65 (1/2 inch shorter) but matched the springs to the weight of the larger R100 bike. Installed bar risers to account for the lower height of the top triple clamp. Also, to accommodate the lowering of the bike, the Reynolds center stand and the stock side stand were shortened to fit and function as they should. I have 32 inch inseam and it is perfect for me. Lowering is fully reversible as I have all of the parts to do so, including center and side stands (not included in the price but will include for additional $$). Telefix front fork brace installed.

Brakes – Rebuilt both master cylinders and all three Brembo calipers. New pads installed in rear brake at 58K. Front pads still good.

Rear drive – Discovered that my rear drive lacked the baffle that keeps the rear drive oil from weeping from the vent plug. Obtained the part from Germany and installed. Input seal replaced and no oil transfers from drive shaft any longer.

Wheels – New front wheel bearings installed and properly shimmed. I have rear wheel bearings but have not installed them yet. Repainted wheels (inside and out) and installed Conti Classic Attack steel belted radials, no tubes.

Body/Fairing – Two years ago I re-painted the bike by completely disassembling every piece of plastic and painting individually. Changed color from black to “Inferno Red Pearl Metallic” using PPG base/clear combination. No pin striping.

Fuel System - Stripped inside of tank and lined with “Red Kote”when bike was re-painted (was not leaking but factory red lining was starting to flake a bit). Rebuilt petcocks. Rebuilt carbs at 61K miles with all new jets.

Misc – New Odyssey battery this springtime, heated grips, Skene design photon blaster LED lights up front, and P3 LED lights in the rear. Your choice of a seat (Corbin, Russell, Stock, 4th seat not sure of manufacturer).

Maintenance – Engine oil and filter changed every 3K miles, Tranny, rear drive, and drive shaft fluids changed yearly, brakes bled yearly, fork oil changed yearly, transmission and rear drive splines lubed yearly. Lots of used parts that you can have. Everything on this bike works as it should. Always stored in a garage and then moved into my basement for the winters.

I have lots of pictures that I can send. Drop me an e-mail and let me know if there is anything special that you want a picture of.

This bike is tight and runs and handles like new.

I’m sure I might be forgetting something.

If you call, please leave message if I don’t pick up.

Price: $6500

E-mail: [email protected]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts