Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about the new bluetooth helmet? i was thinking about getting one but i dont know if its worth it when i have a perfectly fine helmet already. has anyone tried one or worne one? CAN YOU HEAR WHEN YOUR ON THE FREEWAY???

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would get one, but the only times I ride are when I go to/from work, and when I'm out with friends. So it's kind of pointless because I don't really get calls at 7AM or 5PM, and the other hours of the day I'm riding my friends are usually right next to me on the road. :)

·
Premium Member
14,735 Posts
I bought one of the blutek bluetooth helmets, the blutooth seemed to work fine but the dang thing was uncomfortable on my head. I traded my buddy and hes going to hook me up with some LED's on the RC now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That is really cool! I love the bluetooth feature b/c I'm always getting calls during my commute(in my car). I don't know if I'm ready to introduce any additional distractions to my bike riding, though. Sounds dangerous...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just try and get one that minimizes unwanted road noise. Otherwise they can be a bear to hear. Sony makes a good one. Sony BT2009-AA ($129).

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I would like to use that more for streaming music from my phone than for actually talking to people. But I also wonder how audible it is..

·
Registered
491 Posts
I would like to use that more for streaming music from my phone than for actually talking to people. But I also wonder how audible it is..
Just get headphones, that's what I do.

I have a tiny Sansa player that I route under my shirt to my pocket, it cost me $50 at Radio Shack and is better quality than I thought it would be.

Nothing beats riding around rocking out to Mercenary, mean muggin. :icon_mad:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Why would anyone want a bluetooth or any type of cell phone when your riding? And I don't want to hear so I talk on the sucker. Why can't you just pull and return the call.

Wait,...Wait,....I got an Idea,....Why not just staple or tape a cell phone to your head and cut out a piece of the helmet so you can wear your helmet.

Some one wanted to know what a good definition of a Squid is. The answer, someone that has to be talking on a cell phone regardless of what they're doing!

·
Registered
183 Posts
i also agree scooter. i would never talk on the phone while riding. i would ride to get away and cruise. that is just me though, but the helmet is very cool though. if i was a cell phone freak i would get one

·
Registered
66 Posts
Everything you have to pay attention to while riding, and you want to add that distraction? Aren't we always complaining of cagers talking on their phones not paying attention? If you ask me, talking on the phone while riding is just asking to crash. And like others said, I never want to be so 'connected' that I have to talk on the phone while I'm riding.

To each their own, I guess. Just stay away from me on the road. :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm not one for talking on the phone or listening to music while riding but yesterday while riding in an unknow area I wished that I had a bluetooth helmet. My GPS has a bluetooth feature and if I had a bluetooth helmet I could have gotten audio cues for turns and such. I would have found that easier than looking down and taking my eyes off the road or pulling over.

Just a thought

·
Registered
28 Posts
I want to get one so when I'm riding with my gf, we can talk to each other easily. It's really not for phone calls, it's going to be used more like a walkie talkie and also for the gps. Will these helmets actually save my life in an event of an accident?! They seem to cost pretty cheap compared to a name brand helmet. sorry I'm a noob.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts