Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother plans on getting a Can Am Spyder soon & wants a pair of Blue Tooth helmets for him & his wife. Neither of us know squat about Blue Tooth or have ever used it. I watched some videos of Blue Tooth helmets but they're for people familiar with them. For newbies, any suggestions on what to look for or avoid? We're not young techies so user friendliness is a plus. Thx.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I suggest buy helmets that are comfortable and add the Bluetooth. I went with Sena units and I'm very happy. There are several models I went with last years model at a closeout price still not cheap but the work well.

·
American Legion Rider
25,902 Posts
I've never looked into Bluetooth helmets myself. Does a helmet that claims to be Bluetooth ready mean it has speakers already inside and has a place to hang a Bluetooth unit or is there more to it?

·
Registered
272 Posts
I haven't heard of Bluetooth ready that is an interesting term not really sure what that means. I have seen helmets with Bluetooth installed from the factory pretty much all others are ready for you to install your own. The options for helmets with Bluetooth integrated are slim hense my statement before find helmets that fit and you like then add the Bluetooth that meets your needs. There are a bunch of options some cost as much as an inexpensive helmet.

·
Charlie Tango Xray
768 Posts
Second vote for Sena units. Look for helmets that are Bluetooth ready. They come in full face, 3/4, and half designs. They're made with pockets for the speakers and the ability to cleanly run the wires and places to mount the microphones etc. Sena offers Bluetooth compatible helmets too, but any compatible helmet will work. I've been using a Bell/Sena 3/4 helmet for years and its my favorite helmet ever. In fact I bought an extra one before they discontinued it for when I wear this one out. :wink2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts