Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ! I have an 50ccm cycle that did run out of brake fluid. I have now filled the reservoir with brake fluid, but cant get any pressure in the system.

I bleed the system like a car, with pumping on the brake, while open and closed the nipple, fluid comes out, but no pressure at all.
Any thing wrong, or what way should i do it ? I dont want to buy a vacuum bleeder.

Thanks.

:71baldboy:

·
Member Map
23,909 Posts
There is likely air trapped in the line where it attaches to the master. Tilt the handlebar as far as possible to keep the banjo bolt connection as low as you can while bleeding. You may need to only have a little fluid in the reservoir while bleeding this air out, so work carefully to make sure it still covers the bottom of the reservoir and that none gets spilled on the paint.

If this doesn't work, you may need to vacuum bleed or reverse bleed, forcing the fluid (and air) up from the bleeder screw.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I did find the type of can you was talking about in the link, just a ordinary oil pump can :D

I will try to tilt the reservoir as much as i can, if it dont work, i will try the oil can metod.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts