Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Twist my arm....

I just couldn't black the stainless exhaust.. I love stainless.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool man, actually when I was sanding the chrome off these heat shield I was liking the stainless steel look but had my mind made up on blacking everything out. Here's a couple more pics.

Here's my badass kid or at least that's what she thinks :)

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Wow, looks like she's really loving that bike. So glad to hear she's advanced so well!! I'm absolutely certain daddy is proud of her.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Cool man, actually when I was sanding the chrome off these heat shield I was liking the stainless steel look but had my mind made up on blacking everything out. Here's a couple more pics.

Here's my badass kid or at least that's what she thinks :)
I really like what you have done with the Victory but that rider is not wearing much road rash protection. Don't you have much influence with her any more?

·
American Legion Rider
18,577 Posts
At that age kids know everything. Don't you know that?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks NordicMan but I bought a pair of old school fork boots / gators for the lowers and I'll make some upper tubes. I bought a set of mini apes 12'' the clutch cable and front brake line is to short so by the time I get those made and shipped to me I should have the fork tubes and speedo done.

I did the pipes or heat shields like that just to give a little custom look until I could afford to buy some swept pipes but man every day I like them more and more.

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
I really like what you have done with the Victory but that rider is not wearing much road rash protection. Don't you have much influence with her any more?
She's riding a hot bike, and she knows what she's doing enough for her Dad to trust her to ride his pride and joy. I'd say he has had the right influence with her.

Oh sure, I guess he could stand there and wag his finger and admonish her to wear proper gear at all times, and take no risks, and play it safe, etc., etc.

But his daughter is in the wind, and living her ride. Good on her.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man this is brutal! New bars and started blacking out the fork tubes with boots but with the new bars the clutch cable and front brake lines too short so all I can do is look at it for three weeks minimum. :frown:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Man this is brutal! New bars and started blacking out the fork tubes with boots but with the new bars the clutch cable and front brake lines too short so all I can do is look at it for three weeks minimum. :frown:
Aww gee, BOO friggen HOO! So sad to hear about your 3 week downtime..

.. The snow&cold here isn't going away for at least another 3 months :mad:

..Yes this is sarcasm & yes I'm jealous :D

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
3 weeks is a long time NordicMan. I am hoping for a short thaw this coming weekend but have no ridden in over a week due to the snow and ice on the roads. Predicted high is above freezing for 3 days in a row and I will be getting out and riding if I can.

·
Eating GSXRs, Sh***ing CBRs
1,895 Posts
I'm doing one now I'm going to try to have everything but the fins blacked out. Post up some pics of our blacked out bikes..

Nice bike. Can you, or someone else, tell me what mirrors are on your bike? I have the same mirror on my bobber but the actual mirror part randomly fell off one day. Now I can't find a new one.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Speaking of Road 6 Customs this little article on their site is what won me over when I was trying to decide who to buy our bars from. I loved this :)

Edit: Well it wont let me link to it but on their site is a Idiots & *******s article, its a pretty good read and I'm sure you guy's who work on bikes for a living can relate. http://www.road6customs.com/

1 - 20 of 34 Posts