Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive got an 1988 Suzuki gn250 and when i start it and ride it sometiimes it runs fine then out of no where it just drops to a rough idle and i have to sit on the side of the road anywhere from 30seconds to 10 min waiting for it to run right.
Any thouhts?

·
2,828 Posts
Funny?

Funny how?

Like a clown?

Sorry, couldn't help my self.

My bet is that you have "stuff" in the carbs / tank; something is getting past the fuel filter or the fuel filter is getting clogged.

That's just my WAG and not based on anything specific.

What ever you do, start with the easiest / cheapest items first, then work your way up to the more complicated.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
checked all that and replaced the fuel filter and flushed the tank and cleaned the carb... didnt help

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
Did you check to see if the fuel tank is venting properly?

If a vacuum builds up, it will starve the engine of fuel and not run correctly. Usually the pressure will equalize after some time and the engine starts running fine after waiting a while.

Next time it happens, open the fuel cap then close it again and see if that helps.

It's one theory, anyway.

There are many different degrees of cleaning a carb. Often when people think it's clean, it's still clogged up in the tiny passages and jets and causing problems.

·
Super Moderator
6,294 Posts
Air cleaner, fuel filter....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts