Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I guess I lucked out on the Spitfire but I’ve always been easy on clutches. The Spitfire had over 70,000 miles on it when I sold it. It had around 35,000 miles on it when I bought it from an older enthusiast who had just bought an Austin Healy 3000! I drooled over that beautiful Austin! Sadly, it was out of my league at the time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I've decided that the Triumph Speed Twin is the ideal bike I wanted all along. More torque than the bandit, roughly the same power to weight as my old Yamaha YZF600 or Honda Interceptor 800. Problem is I've been too busy to actually get a loan, arrange insurance, drive to the dealership and make the deal. Maybe next year.

Still putting this out there: If they released the Z900RS with the same Candy Emerald Green of the Z650 that might change things up.

·
Registered
Anything 50 cc up to 450 cc dirt , Streeters from 150 cc scooter up to Honda Shadow . In stock ..
474 Posts
I rode All the c-rockets , 70s 80s . Loved the KZ 900 . Smooth , After leaving the dealership , I miss seeing , assembling , servicing , and test riding new bikes ... Now I ride my collection , 50cc up to the 05 Shadow . Don't need anything more .. I do miss my BMW Montague , and , and , and , The list goes on .....

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
I guess I would like to have another new 1989 V-MAX like I owned in the day but with the following updates: a 6 gallon fuel tank and a CUSHY seat instead of the leather covered 2x10 white oak torture seat.

View attachment 76168
That looks just like the V-Max my brother owned, color and everything. He let me ride it once, just once.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts