Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I first got it, it would crank right up.

After a couple of weeks, it would take a little longer to start up.

After a while, it would stall once, and start up. other times, the FI light starts flashing because the fuel pump never kicks on.

After that, the bike would stall twice, even with 1/4-1/2 turn before the bike would idle. this is accompanied by a weak whining noise (like the fuel pump's not getting enough power). The bike ran fine on the road after that.

Two weeks ago, I was pulling out of the parking lot, after the bike stalled a few times. The bike was jerking as I was pulling out into the road. It stalled again at the red light (idle rpm was ~800 as opposed to the normal 1200). It ran fine after that.

Today, I tried start it up, but couldn't. I can hear the crank, and the bike jerk forward, but no dice. I put it in dealer mode, and it says no error..

I've been too busy with work to be able to take this to a shop. Does this sound like one issue causing all the others, or a culmination of problems?

·
Member Map
23,909 Posts
Check to make sure the battery is getting a charge.

Check the spark plugs to make sure the fuel mixture is correct.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the battery measured 12.06 volts, which pretty much means it's dead right? I had it plugged up to a charger, and tried to start it. Meanwhile, I watched the voltage as I try to start up. when I turn the key, fuel pump kicks on strong. Normally, it would have whined. But since it was already hooked up to a power source, I think it was alright.. However, the voltage was reading 11.8 with the key turned. And when i tried to start it up, the voltage dropped considerably down to like 6, as the bike would struggle to start.

I'm looking at a new battery now. are the cheap ones on ebay (oem replacement for $30) reliable?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts