Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I bought my Hyosung GT250-R a week ago and while I was at the lights I stalled the bike today and it was not starting. After several tries, the bike started and I went on with my journey. I parked the bike for around 10mins and later came to find that the bike was not starting. I turned the ignition on, kill switch on, kickstand up, clutch in, turned it on and no sound. I tried this in first gear and in Neutral but nothing. I had to roll the bike down the hill and start it with the clutch meathod I found on youtube. Anyone know if this is a battery issue or another issue. Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers!

·
Registered
2015 BMW K1600GTL & 2008 Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom
1,458 Posts
Does is click, or make any sounds? Do the lights turn on when the ignition switch is on? The first thing to check is the battery connection. Make sure both the terminals are tight, and corrosion free. You can also pick up a cheap volt meter if you don't have one and check the battery voltage

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for the comment. The bike does not click, and yes the lights and the dash light up when the ignition is on. The battery connections are firm and I will be checking the battery volts in about 30 mins and get back to you with how it goes. Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds like a super dead battery. If the battery was kind of dead, it would make clicking sounds when you went to start it. If there's no clicking, then it sounds like a completely dead battery. Time to replace it. They are not expensive though.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like a super dead battery. If the battery was kind of dead, it would make clicking sounds when you went to start it. If there's no clicking, then it sounds like a completely dead battery. Time to replace it. They are not expensive though.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
But all the lights come on and the dash lights up aswell.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does is click, or make any sounds? Do the lights turn on when the ignition switch is on? The first thing to check is the battery connection. Make sure both the terminals are tight, and corrosion free. You can also pick up a cheap volt meter if you don't have one and check the battery voltage

Hi, thanks for the comment. The bike does not click, and yes the lights and the dash light up when the ignition is on. The battery connections are firm and I will be checking the battery volts in about 30 mins and get back to you with how it goes. Thanks

·
Registered
2015 BMW K1600GTL & 2008 Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom
1,458 Posts
But all the lights come on and the dash lights up aswell.
Could also be a bad kickstand switch, or kill switch. If the batter voltage is good, you probably need to do some checking on the switches... maybe the starter connection too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Check the battery first. First volts, then a load test, and then the specific gravity.

UK
when ignition is off battery is at 12.39V. turning the ignition on the lights come on and the battery goes to about 9.3V. turning ignition off it jumps back up.

·
Premium Member
9,918 Posts
12.25 is a half FLAT battery. Turning the key on is kind of like a load test. It failed that too.
Buy a new battery. Read the instructions. Get a battery tender. A day later after the battery has been sitting a while, check the volts, if around 12.75 bung it in, fire up the bike, and check the volts again. Should be 13.25 to 13.5 at slow revs, and 14 to 14.5 at higher revs. If it is charging, go for a ride.

UK

·
American Legion Rider
26,080 Posts
If it is charging, go for a ride.
Of at least 20 miles. The more the better. Takes about that long to burn off any moisture and to recharge the battery from starting. If you can't ride for at least 20 miles or around 20 minutes, why ride at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.