Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, and thank you all for your time and insight!
Anywho, we spent a good 6 hours today doing some things to my bike, including a new ignition and a new front sprocket. When all was said and done, I started up my bike, which was uneventful. Started like she always does. Im saying my goodbyes while I let her warm up when my friends daughter comes out. We get to talking, so I shut my bike off. It had been idling for... probably 3 minutes? About 20 minutes later, I say my goodbyes for real this time, hop on my bike, and.... nothing. It just cranks. We set the choke on? nope. Twist the throttle while cranking? nu uh. Pop start? No dice. Lastly I set it to its 'prime' position and crank it. After that, it doesnt start AND oil starts dripping out. I didnt have time to see where from, but it was unsettling that it smelled pretty strongly of gas, too.

Anyone know what could cause this? We checked the fuses, had plenty of gas, and checked the ignition wiring. We are plain stumped! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

In case it matters: 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
My guess would be that the float stuck on the carb and let the gas run through and into the oil. Check the oil and see if it is overfull now. Will probably need to fix the carb and change the oil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts