Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I'm new to the forum and seeing how helpful and knowledgeable everyone is on here I figured I would just start asking questions. I perused the site but couldn't quite find what I was looking for. I just signed up for the training course and am greatly looking forward to learning how to ride. I've done a little bit of dirt biking, but not much and I'm really looking forward to the practicality of having a motorcycle.

I hope to purchase a bike within the next three months (used), and I am ridiculously attracted to the look of 60's cafe cruisers. I've been told that they style made a comeback and that I wouldn't need to buy a 50-year-old bike. The problem is, I'm a newb in every sense of the word. I have no idea what dealers make the type of bike I'm looking for, if that is a good type of bike for new users. Or where, other than this forum, I can find the information I'm looking for.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone from the Bay Area knows good places to get discount gear, that would be wonderful too.

Thank you,
Kimberly.D

·
Registered
291 Posts
learned to ride on a triumph! It was not a bad bike at all! took lots of abuse :) the older moldels though (the one I rode at least) had drum brakes.... which suck....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts