Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. My brother-in-law has a 98 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE that him and I just replaced the stator on. While aligning the left side control we noticed that we could not get the bike out of gear. He always shuts it off while still in gear. Could it be that there isn't any oil in the case yet? If that is not the case, does anyone have any suggestions? :frown: Any help will be very greatly appreciated.

·
Visionary
4,615 Posts
Start it up with the clutch pulled in (and oil in it of course) and see if it shifts properly then. Maybe even move it a bit then try shifting into neutral.

My bike when sitting, cold, and not running is often hard to get out of gear, as soon as it starts and is running everything works as it should, I wonder if this is all that your running into.

If not, it's time to take it apart again...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Clutch cable broke recently...after replacing it, and going through the adjustment step by step...it shifts SO much better...I went from thinking a clutch rebuild was due to feeling like I had a new bike...

Inspect your cable, go through the adjustment procedure...even if that's not the problem, it's still well worth doing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts