Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike stalled and died while driving on the middle of the freeway, I was hitting 70 mph to 75 mph when the engine just died, I just held the clutch so the motorcycle would keep on rolling to pull over properly. When I pulled over and stopped I just put it back in 1st gear and it started right up with no problem and it kept running but this time I just stayed at around 65 mph. But other than that my motorcycle usually stays running for as long as I want or as long as there's gas in the tank. Also before I got in the freeway I was driving around town at about 50 mph for about 30 mins or so.

Some causes I thought
My motorcycle sat on the garage for a month or so and I
I read on some forums that sitting on the garage for a while can cause condensation and cause water to mix with the fuel. And I also heard of air clogged from the tank can cause the air fuel mixture to go bad causing the engine to lose some power or stalling.

Please hell, it's my first motorcycle and I have been riding for two years now and it's the first time this happened
I have a Honda shadow vlx 600
Thanks in advance

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
My bike stalled and died while driving on the middle of the freeway, I was hitting 70 mph to 75 mph when the engine just died, I just held the clutch so the motorcycle would keep on rolling to pull over properly. When I pulled over and stopped I just put it back in 1st gear and it started right up with no problem and it kept running but this time I just stayed at around 65 mph. But other than that my motorcycle usually stays running for as long as I want or as long as there's gas in the tank. Also before I got in the freeway I was driving around town at about 50 mph for about 30 mins or so.

Some causes I thought
My motorcycle sat on the garage for a month or so and I
I read on some forums that sitting on the garage for a while can cause condensation and cause water to mix with the fuel. And I also heard of air clogged from the tank can cause the air fuel mixture to go bad causing the engine to lose some power or stalling.

Please hell, it's my first motorcycle and I have been riding for two years now and it's the first time this happened
I have a Honda shadow vlx 600
Thanks in advance
You sure you didn't just "accidentally" hit the KILL switch? I did once!
I'd be checking things like the wiring, for anything loose or damaged; I'd be checking the fuel filter; the gas line; ..........

has it happened any more since you posted this?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Problem: the mirror came loose and rolled over the kill switch. Solution: check those nuts and bolts often.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts