Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if someone can help but here it goes.

I purchased a 04 ZX6R about 3 months ago. The bike is with the mechanic since then. The bike dies when coming to a stop and it happens just after pulling the clutch in. When stationary the bike starts well, the idle is a bit rough but the engine keeps running until I accelerate and release the throttle. In that case the rpm drops and the engine stops.
The 636 is in an official kawasaki dealer but they are not finding the problem and already checked for vacuum leaks, adjusted valves, checked engine compression, new spark plugs, increase idle, fuel injectors cleaned...

Any one had something similar?

Thanks for all the help!

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
If it were a carbureted bike, the symptoms say too rich at idle, and maybe rpm too low at idle. Did they check the injectors for leaks under pressure?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply WintrSol.

Yes, they checked the injectors. I dont know what to check more...

·
Registered
454 Posts
If you would have stopped your post after where you said the bike dies when you stop and pull the clutch in, I would have said it's definitely a clutch cable adjustment or a safety switch. But, since it's dying after you get going, check battery connections, look for loose wiring and report back

1 - 4 of 4 Posts