·
On The Road Again!
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's that time of year! Bike Night will be every Thursday evening at the
Jumboland Diner and Ice Cream stand on Route 206 in Culver's Lake,
beginning about 5 pm.
Hope to see a bunch of you there.

For those not in the loop, Bike night USED to be at the Chatterbox.
But the Chatterbox closed for good this past Labor Day.
Bike night has now been moved to The Jumboland Diner, about
3 miles north of the old chatterbox.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,651 Posts
It's still about 230 miles one way. A bit far for a bike night.

·
On The Road Again!
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah! That's not far, Critter!
Besides, there is lots of nice soft grass for you to take a nap in before you head back home!

·
Visionary
5,405 Posts
Has it started already?
I don't think I can make it tonight anyway but time to start planning Thursday nights.

·
Visionary
5,405 Posts
yeah, yeah, a little rain and you stayed home!

Don't worry, we were all making fun of you :)

·
On The Road Again!
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually, Mike, I was on my way there.
I got as far as Lafayette when I got caught in a downpour.
I turned and headed back home.
Got home looking like a drowned rat.
And yeah, Steve told me that you were picking on me. LOL!!!!

·
Visionary
5,405 Posts
Yeah, he told us you turned back, it must have been pretty nasty to turn you around.

I think Candy and I had a charmed life that day, we left home a bit late but the weather looked OK so we figured we would take the ride..don't forget that since we moved to Forks we are further away, it's a nice 60 mile ride there for us. About 1/2 way there on 94 around Blairstown we saw an UGLY black cloud to the east and south of us, I guess that's the one that rained on your parade! :) It looked nasty but we totally missed it since we were late, there were big puddles and wet roads all over but not a drop fell on us. We showed up at the diner, hung out with the BMW riders for a while and made fun of you, then went inside for dinner, then rode home. On the way home we saw lightning and a few drops of rain, but again nothing fell on us, we arrived home to flooded roads and puddles all over again, it had just finished pouring at home, stopped for 10 minutes, then started pouring again after we parked the bikes!

Timing is everything :)

·
American Legion Rider
26,362 Posts
Dang your are sure lucky Mike. I thought I'd be smart and go around one a few months ago. Didn't work that way. Got into a real nasty one with lightning everywhere. Where it came from is beyond me but I don't mind saying it scared the snot out of both of us. Yes, wife was with me. We didn't put rain gear on because we didn't have time. It just opened on us. We were soaked. But we finally road out of it and by the time we got home we were almost completely dry. But that lightning was spooky. Some of it hit very close but we were out in no place to pull over land so it was pray our guardian angels were with us. Apparently they were.

Reactions: Porky

·
On The Road Again!
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So last night was Bike Night again.
And where were you and Candy, Mike?
There were eight bikes and a Slingshot there.
We all got a ride in the Slingshot, including Tommy, the owner of Jumboland.
Tommy was so happy to see us that dinner for all of us was FREE!

·
Visionary
5,405 Posts
Damn I missed a free dinner? :)

We were at her Indian riders club's monthly bike night, at the dealership in Lebanon, NJ. Candy runs them so we will probably go to those one Thursday every month, the other weeks to Jumboland.
I got drafted to cook about 20 pounds of burgers and dogs for the starving hordes too, so I had to WORK for my dinner :)

So last night was Bike Night again.
And where were you and Candy, Mike?
There were eight bikes and a Slingshot there.
We all got a ride in the Slingshot, including Tommy, the owner of Jumboland.
Tommy was so happy to see us that dinner for all of us was FREE!

Reactions: hogcowboy

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,304 Posts
Bike night??? As in riding after dark!!!!!:surprise:

Last time I rode after dark was on my way from Eastern, Tennessee, in 2012 on my new Goldwing, when I misjudged my riding time and had to slow down and avoid DEER all over the roads as the sun was setting:surprise:

Too many DEER in my neck of the woods for riding after dark to be enjoyable!:wink2:

Sam:nerd:

·
Registered
168 Posts
I’ll be going this Thursday how is the food there I heard a mix review. Matter of jumbo land is not to far where I go to church now. You were talking about chatter box I was there the last two bike nights. The second to last I left right before the cops showed up. The last night I was there till about 8 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
On The Road Again!
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I’ll be going this Thursday how is the food there I heard a mix review. Matter of jumbo land is not to far where I go to church now. You were talking about chatter box I was there the last two bike nights. The second to last I left right before the cops showed up. The last night I was there till about 8 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The food there is good. And the owner, Tommy, is a very nice guy.
I'll look for you Thursday! Look for my bright red Goldwing!

The cops showed up at the Chatterbox because there was an accident
at the intersection right in front of the place.
The wrecker with one of the damaged cars was in the Chatterbox parking
lot for a while.

·
Visionary
5,405 Posts
I should be there this Thursday barring something unforeseen.

Oh and I will also rate the food at Jumboland to be good, last time I had the meatloaf and it was good home cooking style meatloaf, and they gave me so much I took a big piece home to have for lunch on a sandwich the next day.

Reactions: deckerhand
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.