Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2007 Honda CBR125R last month and I'm concerned about keeping it healthy. It has 3800km on it now. I'm not interested in learning anything other than very basic stuff right now. I guess I'd like to know do I need to bring it to a honda dealer or can I just bring it by any garage and how often should I? Can I trust the mechanics to fix, clean or replace what needs to be be done or should I be concerned about being ripped off or them forgetting stuff. As you can tell I'm clueless, if you want to tell me the answers to something I didn't ask that's great too.

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
There are honest shops out there, and there are dishonest shops out there.

Word of mouth used to be the most reliable way to see who did the work correctly at a fair price. Today we have the internet which magnifies that, since people can post reviews of local shops.

Do a search for reviews of the shop you are interested in going to. Realize that there are a few malcontents that will post a bad review of anything, but if there are a lot of negatives it might be best to avoid doing business there.

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
The first thing to do is get, or look, at an owner's manual or service manual. That will tell you what sort of routine maintenance is required and how often. Follow that schedule. The work doesn't need to be done at a dealership but it does need to be done by someone who is familiar with your brand and model of bike to be sure it is done properly. An independent shop is fine provided they are an honest and knowledgeable shop. With most brands there are a lot of maintenance tasks you can do yourself, but if you've never done anything before you'll want some guidance at first so you don't make any mistakes that could damage the bike or cause a crash.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts