Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a reliant rialto three wheel car
can my motorcycle insurance, no claims be recognized when getting insurance for the three wheel car
as i have over 15 years no claims on my bike and was thinking of getting it on the road as i am ploddin on a bit lol :)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Those reliant rialtos are interesting contraptions! Are they as prone to rolling over if you take a sharp turn, as some comedy shows seem to suggest?

Where do you live? Some places treat 3 wheeler 'cars' as cars, others treat them like motorcycles. And some other areas like here (Ontario Canada) may treat it as neither :( for example the new Polaris Slingshot can't be registered here at all.. currently.

·
8,606 Posts
"TOP GEAR," one of the UK's most popular shows had an entire show dedicated to the Reliant 3 wheeler or one very much like it and it could be turned over on a whim, even at very slow speeds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8

I like that little car for something like my short 12 mile trip to work on country roads but one wrong zig or zag and it's on it's side like a beached whale.:biggrin:

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thx for your replys i live int uk and would be great to get the premium down with my no claims from my motorcycle :)
as the prices are ridiculous over here.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Northern Ireland?

The reason your rates are so high is because you drive on the wrong side of the road.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Northern Ireland?

The reason your rates are so high is because you drive on the wrong side of the road.
No, we drive on the left side of the road which is the right side :)

This dates back to the days of lords and knights riding on horseback. When approaching another knight riding towards them, the knights would move to the left side of the track so that their right hand was free to draw their sword across their body and so that the other knight was to their right which would have been their stronger fighting side.

Don't know why the Europeans drive on the right, probably started with Napoleon not wanting to do whatever the Brits did.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
hmmm, thats odd, when the knights charged each other with lances they were on the right side of the lane divider.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts