Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I recently bought a 1971 Suzuki TS185 to fix up and sell. This is my first project of this sort.
when I kick start the bike (no push start) it starts up straight into full throttle, which is absolutely terrifying. I have to turn the key off to stop the bike immediately. Yesterday, I started it for the first time and it idled for several seconds how it should and then it sent itself straight into full throttle. Now it just goes straight into full throttle.

I need help to fix this. I am out of ideas. Any brainstorming or ideas are appreciated greatly. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Note: when tearing down carb to clean and reinstall, I noticed the brass slide was stationary and I could not remove it from the carb housing. I don’t know if this is standard, I have never seen that in a carb before- let me know if you think that is the problem. I don’t know because a couple times it has idled well for a bit first. Thanks!

·
American Legion Rider
20,598 Posts
@stamwill
It would sure be nice and appreciated, if you would introduce yourself to the community in the New Member Introduction forum. Folks tend to open up more if they believe they know someone just a little bit. 👍

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,581 Posts
Look at that, joined the forum, stated your problem, thought about what you posted, took another look and fixed it. Doesn't get any better than that.

Welcome

1 - 6 of 6 Posts