Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to the site and don’t know if this is the right place to ask this but here it goes. I have a 2001 Suzuki Intruder VS800GL, while I’m riding the bike cuts out completely with no lights or power. Usually what I do is I roll start it while engaging the starter switch and after a couple attempts it usually starts up again. Then I ride a little more and it will do it again. I’ve checked the battery charge, clutch lever switch, solenoid, and fuses. Sometimes it does it when I shift, sometimes it just cuts at normal speed. Any ideas?

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,905 Posts
Yes check your connections including grounds. What voltage does your battery read?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check your voltage with a voltage meter. If the voltage stays the same then starts to drop and keeps dropping, it's the voltage regulator or the stator. My bike would run for awhile then just quit running and the battery would be dead. Hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.