Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Ace Tuner
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asked why people who aren't vaccinated should still wear masks outdoors, given the risk of transmission is extremely low, Biden said, "because the science indicates that the most certain way to make sure it doesn't spread is if both people have been vaccinated, and you're outside."

You funny Joe.

S F

·
Premium Member
9,157 Posts
And in different states. That would be a big help.
The requirement to wear masks outside, and away from other folks, has been dropped. But I do not think it was ever a requirement. We only have to wear them in stores and such. Indoor dining is out, patio only, and non essential travel is out. I was not on the mainland yesterday morning. UK

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Stanford University recently did a study that found that masks, regardless of where they are used, do nothing to help. Nothing. It's all government control and propaganda.

·
Registered
2020 Tracer 900GT
82 Posts
Stanford University recently did a study that found that masks, regardless of where they are used, do nothing to help. Nothing. It's all government control and propaganda.
There are plenty of "physicians" who agree with that as well, unfortunately it's the gov and associated health departments and the WHO calling the shots.......not the REAL EXPERTS.

·
Premium Member
9,157 Posts
There will need to be peer reviews of the Stanford study. There are always two sides, or more, to every story.
We the great unwashed, will try and muddle through.
Canada was doing better than the US, but due to some stupid moves by the spender in chief, we are catching up.
India is not doing well, yet up until last week, we were allowing flights from India, with infected folks on bought.
Imagine how many folks could be infected on a plane. Trump received some bad press for restricting flights. Our SIC, got bad press for allowing them. Dare I say, that most East Indian folks vote liberal, the party of the SIC.
Us uninfected folks who are following the rules, are not happy with rule breakers who continue to spread the virus. UK

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
3,654 Posts
I didn't watch Biden's speech last night, but the consensus says his best quote was....

Who is "We The People? The government. WE are The People."

·
THEE Professional Shadow Moderator
1,840 Posts
From his speech: "Well, it's time to remember that we, the people, are the government. You and I. Not some force in a distant capital. Not some powerful force that we have no control over. It's us! It's we the people."

The preamble of the U.S. Constitution: "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

It's clear from reading the preamble that "we the people" are not the government. "We the people" created the government. The distinction is important, and unfortunately there are far too many people who simply don't recognize it or don't care. If "we the people" are the government, then oh well, that's just the way we are and there's nothing we can do about it. On the other hand if the government is something that we created, then we can have control over it.

The lack of critical thinking in this country is astounding and frightening.

·
American Legion Rider & sub-Administrator
24,212 Posts
He also took credit for a bunch of what Trump did. But hey, he didn’t fall asleep.

Reactions: FlipFlop and Porky

·
Secret Agent
3,654 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking the words 'We the people' were written before a government even existed. Or at least a government in this country, independent of the British.

Otherwise you might as we say it was ONLY those that signed the declaration of independence.

·
Registered
62 Posts
From his speech: "Well, it's time to remember that we, the people, are the government. You and I. Not some force in a distant capital. Not some powerful force that we have no control over. It's us! It's we the people."

The preamble of the U.S. Constitution: "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

It's clear from reading the preamble that "we the people" are not the government. "We the people" created the government. The distinction is important, and unfortunately there are far too many people who simply don't recognize it or don't care. If "we the people" are the government, then oh well, that's just the way we are and there's nothing we can do about it. On the other hand if the government is something that we created, then we can have control over it.

The lack of critical thinking in this country is astounding and frightening.
I did not hear the speech. I do appreciate your comments, very insightful. Methinks I know a little about some things, but do not claim to be an expert about anything. Agreed; "lack of critical thinking" is rampant. Perhaps the internet age along with cable, (so-called) news, spreading opinion propaganda & mis-information are all often guilty of "Fake News":whistle: & have played a destructive/divisive role in our society, much to the delight of our enemies around the world.:coffee:
Also, our "republic" was created: "a state/nation in which the supreme power rests in all the citizens entitled to vote (the electorate) and is exercised by representatives elected...by them and responsible to them" (the voters).
So, we do "have control over it", although far too many citizens (at least until 11/2020) habitually fail their civic duty to become informed & vote.(n)

IMHO: for our democratic republic (city, county, state & federal) to work, as intended, 80 to 90% voter turnout is essential; only then can "we the people...have control over it". (Candidates should convince us, your constituents, that you will serve us, before yourself). As always, some candidates will be victorious and others will not. (When the People have truly spoken, I can live with that, & I choose to trust all State Election Officials, to perform their sacred duty honestly...if you can't trust the republican & democrat people in charge, then you might as well throw away the dam- ballot box! In the next election cycle, the People will again decide and perhaps make different choices based upon the performance of current leadership. I see political parties as a smokescreen, not created by We the People, but rather, warned about by our founding fathers and totally unnecessary ($$$), as well as a divisive distraction to our democracy in action, @ the ballot box. (The median net worth of All in Congress, both Dem's & Repub.'s is 6 Million$...have they all have been bought? If not...which ones are???

(Also, never underestimate the activities of Vladimir Putin (& others) who are devoted to destroy the unity of our United States, by race, politics and whatever else works:devilish:.)

My own experience w/covid19; I would not wish this viral disease upon anyone & my heart breaks for all affected, including India.:cry:

·
24,212 Posts
I guess restricting travel to india under Biden isn't bigotry as it was when Trump restricted travel to China, among other places.
Haven't you learned yet, ANYTHING the Democrats do is perfectly fine. ANYTHING the Republicans do is absolute wrong and must be stopped. :mad:

·
Registered
62 Posts
LOL! Exactly! Once worked side by side with an otherwise nice guy who constantly harped about politics. He believed that there is no such thing as a good democrat and only republicans can do anything right. I said: so you really want a one party government? Oh No, he said, just want his "party" to have complete control and everything would be great.
Gee...that is exactly what Vladimir Putin has...:whistle:

·
24,212 Posts
Most people have no idea just how far left we have become already. Right now having just the Republicans running things would be good just to get us back to what WAS the center from a political standpoint. Unfortunately the left thinks that is radical right wing to get back to center. No, the Dem’s are the ones that want total control, not the Rep’s. But who would believe that. :(

·
Registered
2020 Tracer 900GT
82 Posts
Republicans or GOP "whatever they are called", actually more like RINO's......are mostly all in this with the demonrats, they ALL cover each others butts 24/7. This is all about keeping their jobs, power, and them making millions off WE THE PEOPLE.....literally at our expense. The US is now controlled by outside influences, much more than influences within the border. The election was totally rigged in favor of the demonrats, and don't think for one second that many RINO's aren't totally fine with that. Judges at all levels and politicians at all levels are bought and paid for, everything which greatly concerned the founding fathers is occurring.

·
24,212 Posts
No argument with the RINO’s. All politicians have proven we need term limits because people are not smart enough to vote them out. Every dang one of them needs to be replaced. Term limits alone won’t be the final answer but it would be a good start along with one big flush.

Reactions: blulew and 350Four

·
Secret Agent
3,654 Posts
I often watch news in Australia, even Australia sees what a said leader we have. Why can't we get a news segment like this?

We are the laughing stock of the world with this old fool in charge.

This is utterly the saddest excuse of a leader anyone could ever fathom.

·
Secret Agent
3,654 Posts
On a positive note, at least they didn't talk about our new military policies regarding lgbtq whatever, and the transgender he's tapped to be second in command of the Navy.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts