Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After shelling out $265 for a new Michelin for Noddy, and then having trouble getting the super wide to slide out to the rim edge. Well Yami was next.
Deep Purple and Bluzu are okay for tyres. Laramie has two new ones to be put on. Dark Vader can wait.
Yami gets used often. First the sidecar tyre was toast, so I put on a new tyre and tube. Was already here.
Went searching for a car type rear tyre for Yami, as the sidecar is on most of the time. Could not find anything.
BUT, I did find bias tyres. New front and rear, delivered to my door, $214.
Easy to put on. Can run tubes or tubeless. Front rim is a bit out of balance, had to add more weights than usual.
First a test with the sidecar on. That went well. Then a run around the Island with no sidecar. Feels good to me.
Radials tend to feel their way around a corner, for a slight squiggly effect. A bit more air helps.
Bluzu has an anti squiggle screw in his more modern suspension.
Anyway the bias tyres feel more stable to me. I may take Yami to the bike gang meeting on Sunday for a higher speed test. It is a Yamaha week, for those following MotoGP. And some may remember I said nice things about Franco's steady improvement. UK

·
American Legion Rider
21,845 Posts
I was wondering if you were going to try running a car tire on your sidecar rig. Too bad you couldn't find one. Know that's your pickup basically, a couple car tires might have been just the ticket and maybe make it a tad safer depending on the load. Never enough beer you know. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts