·
American Legion Rider
21,183 Posts
Serious about communication they are.:D:D:D

·
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1940. Love the picture:)

I had 6 vertical 'Ham Stick' antennas, on my new 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel pickup, just about the same length covering 6M, 15, 17, 20, 40 and 80 Meters, all perfectly resonate and tuned to the center of the band, going out @ 50 watts for 6M and 100 watts for the rest, from my Alinco DX70 HF, mounted on a plastic 'bread board,' with a daiwa 6 position GOLD coax switch. I used a mag mount for my UHF-VHF and 220 stuff:)

Sam KF6GUW

·
Premium Member
7,627 Posts
The base of my antenna on the boat is about 45 feet above the water. We often get through to a marina requesting dock space, before boats in front of us.

UK

·
Ace Tuner
2,366 Posts
Beware in the Rural areas of Texas. There are some new Leo's in town

Oh, I thought you might have been referring to Waller county just west of Houston.
Only thing, it ain't the new Leo's you gotta beware of... It's the same corrupt good old boys that have been running the same con/s for years and years that I know of.
A couple of their con's even made the local news. Like the one where you WILL get ticketed for weaving if they see you talking on the phone while driving.
It is NOT illegal to talk on a phone in Waller county Texas while driving so you were weaving. (Not that what is right or lawful matters in Waller county, to the police, OR the courts).
It's kinda like our own little banana republic over there.
They pull in some serious money along the I-10 freeway.
They really hate motorcycle riders too so, beware.

Just Sayin
S F

Reactions: Porky

·
American Legion Rider
21,183 Posts
Only thing, it ain't the new Leo's you gotta beware of... It's the same corrupt good old boys that have been running the same con/s for years and years that I know of.
Glad I'm not alone in that opinion.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yeah, same here.

Real quick...this all happened over a ~2 year period...cop physically beats up a couple, badly, for no good reason...he and his partner completely falsify the report of the incident...city fires both cops...police union fights to get both their jobs back...one of the cops beats up his girlfriend, no charges...union fights to get his job back...cop strangles his girlfriend to death then shoots himself in the head...union finally stops fighting to get his job back.

We have a real problem with "policing" in this country...way too often, Gun + Badge = I AM THE LAW. Yeah, I know the argument..."not all cops are bad" and "it's just a few that make everyone look bad"...my reply to that is where are the "good cops" when the city is trying to fire the bad ones? Where are the "good cops" when the police union is trying to put a gun and a badge back in the hands of a raging lunatic?

My last interaction with the police...the guy LITERALLY MADE UP a "law" and then wrote me a ticket for breaking it. The city attorney is a complete ass and both of them showed up in court to prosecute me for breaking a law that didn't exist...talk about corrupt! Well, I won the case in 15 minutes...but I could tell the judge was tormented going against the attorney and the cop...and get this, the cop was literally shocked that the ticket was thrown out...he wrote a ticket for a law that didn't exist! The judge said no law was broken!...WTH!

·
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will stand by our LEO's any time over the filth that ruins society with their actions. Every day we see where a low life scum and his lovely wife, kills their children, robs and kills other law abiding Folks, steals Christmas presents from porches, steals cars and worst, MOTORCYCLES and leads LEO's on high speed chases endangering innocents and often ending in tragedy. I say, 'shoot first and then ask questions.'

The common mantra from LEO's is this: "It's us and THEM." meaning the THEM, the scumbag criminals! I would add that it should be "Us against THEM."

Because of owning a retail electronics business in town for the last 15 years and doing IT, Security systems and computer repair for the Police and Sheriffs Departments, I personally know the Chief of Police, and The Sheriff and their officers and Deputies and I've never seen a more dedicated number of men and women, actively involved in the community and absolutely great people!

Now, If I were a Drug using crack, meth, heroin/ fentanyl, unlawful 'weed' user, drinker/ drunk driver, burgler, Murderer, or criminally insane like the aforementioned, I would deserve everything I get.

Pro law enforcement? Ya betcha! Low life's deserve to be behind bars--3 strikes you are out scum if I were the Judge.

Sam:)

·
Registered
287 Posts
I will stand by our LEO's any time over the filth that ruins society with their actions.
I'm not asking you to join the other side...

I personally know the Chief of Police, and The Sheriff and their officers and Deputies
There's guy locally like you...his wife's credit card was stolen and used..his friend, the police chief, sent a swat team to the house of the thief...they broke down the door and destroyed the interior...the thief wasn't even home! Absolutely outrageous behavior as the thief's wife and kids were in the house. The thief had security cams and the cops were too stupid, or maybe brazen, to realize it was all being recorded...the video made the local news, everyone was shocked and outraged...kicking down doors, body armor, heavy weapons, destroying the interior, terrifying a woman and a child all to catch a credit card thief that wasn't even in the building...and no one lost their job...city settled for an unknown amount...so in the end, the thief did ZERO TIME for the crime and walked away with a pile of taxpayer dollars because the cops thought they were Gods.

I sounded like you until I met the cop that thought he could make up, and prosecute people, for breaking laws that didn't exist. Spend some time on youtube watching the outrageous behavior of police officers towards people THAT ARE NOT DANGEROUS CRIMINALS..people that are guilty of crimes like speeding or running a stop sign that end up shot or dragged out and beaten because the cop knows he'll get away with it.

All i'm asking is don't blindly "support the police"...that's the problem, "blind" public support...it's NOT "them or us"...red lines never work well for both sides.

·
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm the original poster and all I wanted was to show you guys a cool old picture:)

All I'm asking is don't blindly "Support the law breaker"........?

Sam

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm the original poster and all I wanted was to show you guys a cool old picture:)

All I'm asking is don't blindly "Support the law breaker"........?

Sam
Sorry Sam...these things always end up going off the rails....pretty rare for a thread to make 10 comments without Jesus, Cops, Hilter or Trump taking over the discussion.
I surrender, the world is happy the way it is and I'm a fool for trying to change it.

·
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No problema mi Amigo!

I am an equal opportunity kind of guy: Hate is a strong word and as a devout Christian, I'm not supposed to hate anyone but I do (sorry Lord), especially those outside societies norms, be they the criminals or those sworn to protect us or follow the constitution to serve us. it's hard to LOVE our brother's and sister's sometimes, good or bad. Those holding positions of absolute power over us should exercise their rules with the utmost respect and care. Those that WILLINGLY choose to live the 'Outlaw' life and break those rules and live by the sword can die by the sword as far as I'm concerned.

Now, if ya want to talk about Tars, Earl and Earl filters, headlight Bubs, or the like----I'm your man too.

Sam:)

·
Ace Tuner
2,366 Posts
Sorry I started a hate LEO's debate, was not my intention.... Just had to vent (and warn) about ONE banana republic not to far from where I live.
Anybody that lived in Houston, or south of Houston, or south west of Houston and even some parts north of Houston had to go thru the "republic" to get to Texas World Speedway to race the bikes. The race organization started putting warnings in the news letter about what could happen to racers going thru the "republic" with race bikes on a trailer.
They SLAMMED me one time while riding my street bike because I was about 1/4 mile behind a guy that was speeding. My court date was a real joke, they got their money. Nothing has changed over there.

Now, I'm thankful for LEO's all across the nation. I have blue stripes on my vehicles in support of LEO.
Sure there are bad ones. There are bad people in every profession. You'll never find nothing but perfect people anyplace, why expect perfection every time with police? Sure sometimes they might use more caution than the casual observer believes is needed when taking down a THUG / THIEF. Can you blame them? Thugs murder them at an alarming rate for no good reason.
If you don't want your door kicked in by police, don't be married to a damn thief...
Venting now over.

S F

·
Registered
87 Posts
Oh, I thought you might have been referring to Waller county just west of Houston.
I ride around over there quite a bit and I rarely see the County boys on the farmroads. Guess I'm just lucky, or they're busy out on the interstate. But I always go REAL easy passing through Waller, just becuz. I just get that feeling when I'm getting close, that it's one of 'those' towns.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Very cool picture Porky! Those boys look serious, just like every TX trooper I've ever encountered. They're almost like feds, they never ever smile. You don't mess with the Highway Patrol, then or now.

·
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
In 1971 I stopped to get gas in Amarillo, TX, where I was stationed in 1966 and there was a new Camaro SS396- Kinda/ sorta my dream car because I spent time driving a friends with the 425 HP Power Pack in it and I was to say the least impressed! As I was pumping gas into my little economy car, I strolled over to the Camaro and noticed it had all of the Texas State Trooper markings and lights mounted everywhere on the thing and then--and then-- Out strolled two of the sharpest and well dressed, Texas Rangers, with the thousand dollar cowboy boots, $500 Stetson hats and pearl handled, chrome plated Revolvers and I was very Impressed! We talked for a few minutes and then they tipped their hats and said their "see ya alls" and did a slight burn out going out the driveway!

I love Texas. I should have stayed there:)

Sam

1 - 20 of 42 Posts