Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got a running Benly project...It's more or less a camp bike. Mechanically runs, strong, with a little smoke, 12v electrical upgrade, sealed tank, restored OEM fuel selector, good brakes, and would need some additional work to make it street legal (re-add 12v tail light, 12v headlight, find some mirrors, optionally find and add turn signals (it didn't come with them, and isn't strictly needed to be legal, but still...)

Where's the best place to post this? Cycle Trader didn't seem to have much vintage stuff, and while I can go the Craigslist route, I'd like to target the right audience a little better.

We temporarily pulled the mufflers this afternoon, probably added another 1/2 hp. :grin:

(Youtube may still be processing, it looks like this:)

·
American Legion Rider
25,978 Posts
It depends on whether you want max dollar or just get rid of it. What you've done right here is a good start. This could be moved to the Classifieds right here with a title change of motorcycle for sale. Any moderator can do that for you and you can do the title change if that's what you would like and I'm suggesting. But if you want max dollar, that will require much more personal work on your part and go the Sotheby’s, Mecum’s, and Bonhams route. How to sell vintage motorcycles.

Or you could try places like Doug's Cycle Barn or do a google type search like sell vintage motorcycle and hit all the places that look good to you. Like I said, much more personal work on your part for max dollar.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
(Mods: Thanks for moving this!)

See below for more information. I'd like $650, but that's negotiable. I've seen that running vintage bikes are worth more than that, but this is not a complete, turnkey example. It needs a 12v tail light, 12v headlight...really needs mirrors...while the speedo is included and very close to running, the weather seals and spacers that keep it together have crumbled to dust.

Here's a cold start video...

And the other parts that are still available and useful. (There's a starter, but the electrics and insulators are shot.)

It's a good roller, it needs the next person to take it further. It's located in Parker, Co.

Attachments

·
American Legion Rider
25,978 Posts
Parker Colorado??? That used to be a nice sleepy little town. I have a good friend that lives there further east. I haven't seen him in years. He's a horse breeder or used to be. Had a stud horse by the name of Rusty Par 3. Bet Parker is more like east or south east Denver now. The whole area I could see was growing that last time I was there some 30 years ago. Parker surely still can't be that same little sleepy town it was.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,140 Posts
We have a couple of Folks on this site that love to get project bikes and restore them so this post may do the trick for you:grin:

Use GOOGLE search and type in: Vintage Honda motorcycle's and I bet lots of sites will show up.

Sam:nerd:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Parker Colorado??? That used to be a nice sleepy little town. I have a good friend that lives there further east. I haven't seen him in years. He's a horse breeder or used to be. Had a stud horse by the name of Rusty Par 3. Bet Parker is more like east or south east Denver now. The whole area I could see was growing that last time I was there some 30 years ago. Parker surely still can't be that same little sleepy town it was.
Parker still feels small, because a lot of it existed prior to the Metro area rolling over it...that said, we've had a huge influx of people over the past decade or so...lots of Apartments and Self Storage facilities.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts