Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Two stroke or four stroke?

If four stroke, highest API "S" classification as you can get (I think API SN is the highest so something along API SL, SM or SN) plus JASO MA or MA2.

API classification refers to the oil's performance, how good it keeps the engine clean, prevents wear, stops deposit formation, etc.

By clutch additive you actually mean the oil has no friction modifier additive in it which can alter the performance of the wet clutch plates, that's what the JASO MA/MA2 spec refers to.

Use the viscosity grade which the manufacturer recommends for the temperature range you'll operate the bike in - there'll be a chart in the owners manual showing which viscosity grade for which temperature range. Probably an SAE 10W-40 or 5W-40.

If it's a two stroke, then a specific two-cycle engine oil mixed with the fuel or in the separate oil tank if the bike has one, the appropriate oil will probably be called 2T something or other.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a 4 stroke. It should be here by the 30th. Ill read the handbook to see what it suggest. Im just trying to get everything i need now. Went alittle crazy already with a full exhaust system, white wall tires, engine protectors, and some new sprockets. It says the oil it comes shipped with isnt that great and should be changed after 3hrs of ride time. Then at 300miles which is normal.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It is a Ice bear Fuerza PMZ125-1 color White. Im extremely excited for it. In addition to this post edit. I chose this bike because all parts are compatible with the 2016-2017 Honda Grom. And to be honest. I think it looks better than the Grom for half the price.

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
Of the Grom clones out there, I really dig this body style:

It has the whole Subaru rally look going for it.

Can't tell ya about oil, but make sure you tighten and blue Locktite any bolt that should stay put. Dealerships that sell those Chinese bikes aren't always the best at putting them together. However, making sure those bolts are on tight will help the bike ride better and not rattle as much.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh yeah, i plan on it and yeah, ive come across those many times. Funny enough thats the vader and the fuerza i will be receiving tomorrow is also called the vader 2.. but alittle more of my taste in the fuerza/vader 2.. Hopefully all comes well tomorrow. Will be doing a unboxing video to anyone who is interested.

·
1,251 Posts
Oh, I'm interested! :D No idea why, but I'm attracted to these bonkers clones.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Very interesting.. I hope you keep us updated on your progress - seems like a really interesting project.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well guys. It arrived. Safe and sound. Started up on first try. Front wheel assembly and handlebars were a breeze with a helping hand. Shifting is very interesting. Its N, 1,2,3,4 all down.. then up to downshift. But she is a beauty. Extremely excited. Havent put my white wall tires or exhaust on yet, ect. But here is some photos. Also the front turn signals are build into the headlight frame. The 5x2 circles on the headlight frame are them. I think thats a really cool feature. And as you can see the bike came streached out. Also very nice compfy seat with some nice red stitching ;D Very pleased with the bike over all. But now its time to be honest...! Coming from a automatic 50cc, this bike has more power than I thought anddddd... Having trouble shifting gears. Mainly getting out of first without stalling. :x ..Tips?

Attachments

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,161 Posts
Very nice looking scoot! Enjoy and be safe:wink2:

Sam:nerd:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,550 Posts
Nice ride

·
1,251 Posts
Looks good! I may be getting a 150cc Ruckus clone tomorrow to replace my "experimental" scooter project. Oh man, if I get it I'm going to have so much fun modding it and getting it ready for the Gambler 500.

My neighbour has a real Grom and he reports the distance in which he has to ride the clutch to engage gear without stalling is definitely longer than expected. Once you master your clutch friction zone you'll be fine. :)

I've never met a stock bike that shifted inverse of the accepted norm like that. Neat!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My first ever bike was a ruckus clone but at came streched out, cool exhaust, fat back tire and ect. Its actually a Icebear too, like the one i just got. But its called the Icebear Maddog. Mine was a 50cc but they do come in 150. I paid 1300$ for mine brand new. It was awesome.

Attachments

·
1,251 Posts
My first ever bike was a ruckus clone but at came streched out, cool exhaust, fat back tire and ect. Its actually a Icebear too, like the one i just got. But its called the Icebear Maddog. Mine was a 50cc but they do come in 150. I paid 1300$ for mine brand new. It was awesome.
Oh yeah, the one I'm hopefully getting tomorrow is one of the older designs before Icebear came around with their super cool pre-modded ones. The idea for mine is to get some RGB LEDs on there (I'm a young computer nerd, of course I have to do RGBs lol), a nice exhaust, new bars (I hear bar changes make a huge difference on these Chinese bikes), two LED spotlights up front, and knobby tyres (it is partially meant for the Gambler 500, after all).

·
1,251 Posts
It's a navigational adventure rally using cheap, impractical, and just barely legal vehicles. There's usually a Gambler for every region and they usually happen twice a year in each region. There isn't any real organization, so if you're interested you'll have to Google "Gambler 500 [your state/region]" and there will most likely be a Facebook group dedicated to that state/region.
https://gambler500.com/

A bunch of guys had the idea of making a "scooter gang" for this year's Illinois Gambler 500. As I don't have car storage but I do have bike storage, I was happy to join the "Born to be Mild Scooter Gang". lol :D Our general rule is that the chosen scooter has to be 150cc or greater (so we can go down highways), however we do have some Groms and Grom clones in the group.

·
1,251 Posts
And here is my new to me 2012 Ruckus clone (a "Chuckus", if you will). It needs some minor work, however I should have it running and looking gorgeous in no time!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.