Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I can't find which oil to buy, there are so many websites not saying the same thing,
I live in Quebec, so pretty hot summer and quite cold autumn, the user manuel says 20W/40, yet I find the Mobil 1 v-twin 20w/50 great for my situation, or even a 10W/40

What Do you think?

Thank you!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I can't find which oil to buy, there are so many websites not saying the same thing...
The Manual says 20W-40 in warmer conditions or 10W-30 in a cold climate.
Not surprisingly, they recommend their own YAMALUBE brand.
10W-40 would be a good choice for all seasons.

10W-40 works very well in both of my bikes, regardless of whether
I buy bike-specific oil or a standard motor oil. I am currently running
Castrol Magnatec 10W-40 in my Suzuki Bandit with air/oil cooled engine.
Smooth running, good gear shifts and no issues with clutch slip.
This is my standard clutch slip test:Google Maps

·
Nightfly
4,603 Posts
Whatever you buy won't make any difference. Following the manual is usually a good idea. If you can't do that, then you're on your own. Mineral or synthetic, both work, price is the difference. Of course this will start an argument.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Use what your manual recommends for the temperatures you expect to be riding in. If there's a big difference between summer and fall temperatures, change oil for the expected cooler temps.

Dino fluid or synthetic is up to you. We all have our preferences.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,538 Posts
Best? who makes the best waffles? So many answers, so many choices, so many opinions. Just pick one that matches your manufactures recommendations.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,142 Posts
Extra Virgin Olive oil works great and is Sooooo good for you!:) In a pinch, Baby oil also is great as is Mink oil and 2 in 1 machine oil.

Sam

1 - 10 of 10 Posts