Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
The louder you get with sport bikes the more they all sound the same, so get whichever brand of loud exhaust you want.

If you want kinda loud but still sounds like more engineering technology went into it than a folgers can, get an Akropovic.

·
Premium Member
6,555 Posts
Loud

Put a rev limiter on it, keep it in any gear at WOT until it goes band bang. That always sounds cool.

I would be looking for whatever works the best. Like Rob said, they all sound the same.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The louder you get with sport bikes the more they all sound the same, so get whichever brand of loud exhaust you want.

If you want kinda loud but still sounds like more engineering technology went into it than a folgers can, get an Akropovic.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,555 Posts
Exhaust

If there is a track near you, you can see what the guys are using, and listen as well.
That is where I got to hear the loud bangs from the rev limiters.
Usually many 600 and 1000cc bikes there.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Those are two different models of bikes and the exhausts will sound different on each one. I like the tone of the Yoshi RS-5 on 600's and I have the full Carbon Fiber model. They are not the loudest but they sound amazing when you get on it. I have had more compliments on the tone than I can possibly count.

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
Then you and everyone else has to deal with your loudness. "Loud pipes save lives"... you know what else saves lives, even more effectively? Not riding in blind spots.

·
Registered
193 Posts
if youre loud at least someone who didnt see you might hear you and not hit you

But only if he is behind you, and you are speeding away so fast that he couldn't hit you if he tried.

The cagers up ahead, about to turn left in front of you, won't hear you no matter what you do. Either they see you or they don't.

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
So wear bright green instead of black, and don't ride 55mph in the middle of traffic sitting in someone's blind spot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts