Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A long awaited dream has come true because of the best woman I could ask for and some of the finest family of riders I've ever known. Caryn, along with the group I co-founded, Apex Addicts, put together a surprise party for my birthday last night. It was held at a Japanese restaurant, where my great friend and co-founder is a sushi chef. The meeting was under the guise of a senior member meeting to arrange track days and the like for the group. About 20-25 of my closest riding friends were there.

The gift: The California Superbike School

Caryn booked it already, set up the hotel, snuck behind my back and arranged time off from work with my boss. I didn't think that I was going to be able to make it this year but it looks like its all set in stone. I think I can sacrifice a "local" track day with my group to hit the track with the CSS. I am so stoked about it!

I couldn't ask for a finer group of people to have in my life. And for them to chip in and make this dream come true for me is beyond measure. I will give a complete review of my experience with the school after I go.

·
So long
2,739 Posts
Fantastic! You're a lucky man to have a wife and friends who not only want your dreams to come true, but they actually figure out a way to make them come true. That's amazing.

Happy Birthday!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fantastic! You're a lucky man to have a wife and friends who not only want your dreams to come true, but they actually figure out a way to make them come true. That's amazing.

Happy Birthday!
Thanks Oz. I totally agree. I am not one to get emotional but I almost got choked up when they presented it to me. When you hear people say that its repaying you for all that you have done for them, it kinda gets to you.

·
So long
2,739 Posts
KC, now you've got me thinking I need a better class of friends! A sushi chef, really? Yeah, I definitely need a sushi chef friend. :biggrin:

·
American Legion Rider
21,756 Posts
Wow, what a surprise. My wife has knocked my socks off a couple of times like that. And old dolt me can't come up with a darn thing to pay her back.

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Lucky you!! That sounds like such a wonderful experience. Your wife and friends sound awesome.

My belief is that if you have a wonderful spouse you find ways to make them happy and feel appreciated. Even the effort of doing little things makes them feel special.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,127 Posts
Sounds like you have a great wife and good friends, who seem to like you as well :)

Have fun, push your limits.

Isn't that the school that Misti is an instructor?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My belief is that if you have a wonderful spouse you find ways to make them happy and feel appreciated. Even the effort of doing little things makes them feel special.
I do whatever I can whenever I can. She is spoiled and I wouldn't have it any other way. She really shouldn't have done this but its appreciated.

Isn't that the school that Misti is an instructor?
It is but she only does instruction at the LA location, unfortunately. This is a satellite location at Virginia International Raceway. Would be nice to actually meet her in person and have her as my instructor for the day.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,127 Posts
Have fun and be safe

·
Registered
363 Posts
A long awaited dream has come true because of the best woman I could ask for and some of the finest family of riders I've ever known. Caryn, along with the group I co-founded, Apex Addicts, put together a surprise party for my birthday last night. It was held at a Japanese restaurant, where my great friend and co-founder is a sushi chef. The meeting was under the guise of a senior member meeting to arrange track days and the like for the group. About 20-25 of my closest riding friends were there.

The gift: The California Superbike School

Caryn booked it already, set up the hotel, snuck behind my back and arranged time off from work with my boss. I didn't think that I was going to be able to make it this year but it looks like its all set in stone. I think I can sacrifice a "local" track day with my group to hit the track with the CSS. I am so stoked about it!

I couldn't ask for a finer group of people to have in my life. And for them to chip in and make this dream come true for me is beyond measure. I will give a complete review of my experience with the school after I go.
YAY YAY YAY!!!!! AMAZING GIFT and surprise!! You will have such a great time and VIR is a wicked fun track to do it at! Wish I could be there to finally meet you and to coach you as well but I try to stick closer to the West Coast as I live in Vancouver BC...

I'll be at the Ridge this summer and probably Laguna late June...

Anyway, have a fantastic time and be sure to write all about it!!!

Let me know if you have any questions before hand :)

Misti

·
Registered
245 Posts
Congrats Koda! Tell Keith I said hello and I'll see him next year... lol. Have fun riding the S100RR!!!

Maybe bring back to here something you learned.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats Koda! Tell Keith I said hello and I'll see him next year... lol. Have fun riding the S100RR!!!

Maybe bring back to here something you learned.
Keith is not at every satellite location but I am hoping to finally meet the man, if nothing more than to shake his hand and say thanks.

As for the BWM, I wont be on one. I'm taking my own bike down. I could rent one there but I don't see the sense in spending a day trying to get the feel of a bike that I am unfamiliar with when I want to be focused on what I am being taught. I'm excited to get some real quality constructive criticism and put those tweaks on my current riding. It will be great to take the knowledge I gain there back to the home track.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts