Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just gotten my motorcycle license. In driving school i was driving Suzuki SV650 bike and it was ok. The power of 650 bike is ok to me.

Now it's time to get my first bike. I searched for a few bikes i like and i would like to get some opinions on which is gonna be the best "beginner" bike for me. (I like lighter bikes, i dont mind if it has a little bit more power i dont have the urge to push the gas, i really love digital displays and the most important thing: i would like to buy a motorcycle for a long time)

My options:
  • KTM Duke 790
  • Yamaha MT 07
  • Kawasaki Z650
  • Ducati monster 797
  • BMW F900R (maybe mz favourite, i really like the quality, the looks, the display, but i am worried its too much power for a begginer?)
Less powerful bikes:
KTM Duke 390
Yamaha MT 03

With my family we will go on longer trips and i dont think 1 cylinder engine is the way to go...

Thanks for the answers and sorry for my "not perfect" english.
Cheers from Slovenia.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Do you have other riding experience, such as dirt biking? If not, then all the bikes on your first list are too much bike for a beginner, IMO. The KTM 390 Duke has had problems. Of all these, I would suggest the Yamaha MT 03. And I would buy used because you will drop it a time or two in your first year. We all did. It's your first bike, not your dream bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts