Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i pull into a gas station with my pal Private Bush, its packed, 14 pumps. he takes pump 10 and across is pump 14. i head for pump 14 and when i pull in theres a this dude with a huge truck waving at me as hes filling up. i think hes trying to tell me the pumps messed so i turn off open up the wind shield and tell him "is the pump broken or something here sir?" he replies "NO! dont fill up there, i cant get out if you do, go somewhere else" keep in mind this guy is just sitting on the front fender not even watching the pump. i park and tell him "itll be only a minute dude" his response " GO SOMEWHERE ELSE I CANT LEAVE IF YOUR BIKE IS IN <b>MY</b> WAY!"

i park it and as i walk away he yells " MY TRUCK HAS 4 WHEEL DRIVE HERE BUDDY" i stop turn around and yell at him "WHAT THE **** DID YOU JUST TELL ME???. YOU HIT MY ****ING BIKE, WERE GOING TO HAVE A PROBLEM GUY" (insert various other obscenities)as i start walking towards him private bush walks towards me grabs me and starts tellin me to drop it, leave him alone. after like 10-20 secs i stop but go back and write his license plate down in case he does something and i tell him im getting his plate number. he gets mad at me, i go inside pay and come out and hes BARELY taking his pump outta the gas tank and putting it back into the station. on a related note, yesturday some guy got stabbed at a gas station the news says it seems to be motivated because of teh gas prices and heat. weird huh? i think that might have made me snap too. but idk, i think i may have gone too far but even if i was in a car i would have done the same thing.
on another note, went on my frist pretty fun trip, down PCH than on to the rock store. ****ing sweeeet

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Unfortunately the Reality IS......

I don't want to become only known in here as the 'Mad Prophet' (movie reference 'Network') or the Soothsayer of Doom, BUT given no one else has chosen to respond to this..... Unfortunately, my experience after 36+ years of Biking is that this is hardly an isolated incident. And given the now forever rising Fuel Prices, increased traffic congestion on the road fueled by ever increasing population levels, resulting in an extremely stressed-out populace, it's gonna' get worse… not better.

I ain't sayin' it isn't true but I'm still surprised by the responses in another thread I started regarding Bikers in here being fearful about stopping to help other Bikers?! When I look back at all the years I spent out on the road, 99.99% of the danger came from the good upstanding Cage Driving Citizens out there, not other Bikers! And among those 'encounters', Gas Stations are / were among the danger zones. Second only to that of just trying to camp in peace (good luck).

I won’t get into the long boring examples being related here that nobody cares to hear. I’ll just offer instead this sage advise – take it or leave it, it’s free: when ya’ go into a Gas Station to refuel, or are out on the road – be as a small fish in a large pond, alert at all times (ready to flee) because the predators (i.e., morons) are friggin’ hungry (i.e., lookin’ for a hassle). When some A-Hole tells ya’ to move, dog gone it MOVE. Nothing’s worth (1) losing your bike over and (2) losing your freedom (or your life) because you had to retaliate. Nuff’ said.

LRG

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sage advice indeed, LRG. The mighty oak will fall in a storm, the reed will bend with the wind and stand tall when the storm has passed.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I have to agree too although people like that really pi**ss me off. Man, I just want slap them in the head and beat the :mad:, ... (you get the picture). I've had encounters with people like this and worse (not on the bike). Each case, I've chosen to back down and move on. I know that in an alternate time line, I've chosen other courses of action and probably ended up in jail or dead. But in this time line, I walked away hoping they will "get theirs" someday.

Every time I think of those situations, they get me up in quite a tizz.

I really detest mean people -- when I'm mean to someone (bad day or what not), I back off and apologize (there are enough mean people in this world and I refuse to be one of them).

Dennis

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
maybe he was jealous?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got to agree with those recommending letting things go and backing away from a confrontation. But, man, it's hard to do the right thing sometimes.

Hindsight being 20/20 and all, maybe in that situation it would be good to just go park next to your buddy and gas-up after him using the same pump.

·
SBKR turned CRUZR
38 Posts
keep a small tin of tacks, and as you leave toss some in front and behind his tire.... he will either "get his" with a flat, or spend 5 min picking them all up wasting his time

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
It was raining like ---- when I piled my gas cans in the back of my truck to go refill them at the station. I parked in such a way that I did block the other pump in my line, but at that time, there wasn't anyone waiting. No sooner had I began filling the cans, it got pretty busy. All four lanes were full, but nobody was waiting for me to move. Some young guy came over to me and asked if I realized I was blocking one pump. I told him yes, and when I was his age, I tolerated the rain to be courteous to a senior. But, now I'm the senior, and someone else can stand in the rain! Had I been on my motorcycle and not in my big 4-door diesel truck, I wouldn't have blocked the other pump. So, folks, it's not just when you're on a motorcycle that people think they own the world and you must bow down to them.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
jBryant, I agree. When someone starts apologizing to me for taking so long, I always tell him that if he and I were the only two people in the world, then it might be an issue. But, there are millions of us, so I know I have to take my turn like everyone else. Since I'm retired now, I tell them, no problem, I'm retired and have the rest of my life!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts