Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm rebuilding rockers on an antique springer frontend. Considering using 841 oil filled bearing bronze or ampco 45. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Interesting! I had no clue what either of those were, so now I've learned something! So, my totally newb opinion based on 10 minutes of reading is that either of those would work just fine.

Others, much more knowledgeable than I, will hopefully chime in!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use 841 oil filled bronze for various machine parts at my workplace. It works great for parts that are sliding (bronze-on-bronze and steel-on-bronze) with relatively low loads and low speeds.

I don't know about the Ampco 45... sorry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use 841 oil filled bronze for various machine parts at my workplace. It works great for parts that are sliding (bronze-on-bronze and steel-on-bronze) with relatively low loads and low speeds.

I don't know about the Ampco 45... sorry.
Thanks for the info. I'm going with the 841.I can always redo it if it doesn't hold up. P.S. I go by "ROACH", nickname from my misspent youth. Harleys are my passion but anything with two wheels is fantastic, bicycles to Beemers. If any of you have the chance, THE ART OF THE MOTORCYCLE by the GUGGENHEIM MUSEUM is a must see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts