Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Suzuki C90T
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding tomorrow from Carlos Tx (population when I'm home) to Galveston Pier 21 to see the Battleship Tx. Anyone wanna join in along the way?

Plan is to leave about 7-730. Fill up in Roans Prairie, head across the Sam Houston Forest 1375 to I 45. Stop in the Spring area for a break, then on to Pier 21. I'll be visiting a few other sites after that as well that pertain to Texas history, Sea Wolfe park, lunch somewhere we just pick along the way.

Water Boat Naval architecture Watercraft Vehicle

·
Ace Tuner
4,641 Posts
I 45. Stop in the Spring area for a break,
I hope you reed this before you go...
Starting at about Spring and south to a little beyond Beltway 8 is a VERY dangerous area. More murders and other crimes around there than most anywhere else in the Houston area. I call that area along I 45 the murder corridor. A rest stop in the Woodlands (before the I 45 "murder corridor") should be safer.

Have a nice ride and good luck,
S F

·
Registered
2005 Suzuki C90T
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had a great trip. Been making this ride for a long time so there's no chance of any issues in the Spring area. In fact, if you are in that area, go down to the Old Time Spring. They are really revamping it and the have a fantastic BBQ place sown there, but be prepare to wait in line. I didn't make the rides I normally do during the summer so this 300 mile ride felt like a 500 mile ride. I ride to see things related to the Texas Revolution times so I added in a trip by Vince's Bridge. It's gone and a lot has changed. It's the bridge Sam Houston had burned that led to the capture of Santa Anna. Stopped by the Naval Museum in Galveston as well. I like to "mess with people" and while walking thru the ship, I heard a cute gal say it would be cool to meet someone that was on the ship, so i told her that I was and she was all excited, shaking hands and taking pics with me. I fed her a few lines about "what we did on the ship" then sent her on her way.

Food Tableware Sky Ingredient Plate

Water Sky Cloud Boat Watercraft

Sky Boat Cloud Naval architecture Plant

Sky Cloud Plant Road surface Tree

Plant Headstone Land lot Cemetery Grass

1 - 5 of 5 Posts